Page 3 of 7 (127 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 126 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 12:53 AM

Here is a quote from a project manager in Logos: "We’re now looking at next week to ship."

Tadaa! :-D That should get some of us in the Christmas mood alright!

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 1:42 AM

Vaclav Janca:

Here is a quote from a project manager in Logos: "We’re now looking at next week to ship."

Wow, I'm very happy for all of you who have been waiting for this! To je skvělá zpráva! (No, I don't speak a word of Czech -- that's Google Translate.)

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 6:05 AM

Wonderful news!  I'll be ready to buy mine as soon as it is available! 

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 3:08 PM

Vaclav Janca:

Wow, that sounds wonderful! Thank you Vaclav for that information. Can't wait to see it...

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 6:06 AM

anxiously waiting ....

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 8:11 AM

Steven Baxley:

anxiously waiting ....

Hello Steven, you might be interested in the information I got from Logos when I asked about the other Czech translation, namely "The Bible, 21 Century Translation". Here it is:

"The Study Bible has taken priority, but we’ll be starting on the Czech Bible 21 Century just as soon as that is done. We hope to wrap it up in the next few weeks."

The Study Bible means obviously The Czech Study Translation. That would really be great. Czech Study Translation is great for the purpose of Bible exegetical studies and all the work with the biblical text.

Bible 21 is excellent for the daily devotional reading and even preaching. I use those 2 translations all the time. We will see what it means "next few weeks" Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:24 AM

Hello Bohuslav,

Thank you for the info.  I think it will be great to have the major Czech translations in Logos.  I hope in the quote that the "it" in "wrap it up" is the 21st Century Translation, and not the Czech Study Translation, as I'm really looking forward to having it sooner rather than later.  I'll be in the Czech Rep. later this year on a mission trip and look forward to having the CST electronically.

My wife and I used to financially support the translation work on the 21st Century Translation, but stopped when it moved from its original strict translation philosophy to a more loose philosophy.  Having said that, though, I'm definitely in favor of students using multiple translations, and finally there will be some good ones to choose from.  I'd love to have both to complement the Kralicka, and maybe someday we'll even see the Ecumenical translation in Logos.  :-)

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 1:05 PM

Steven Baxley:

...I'd love to have both to complement the Kralicka, and maybe someday we'll even see the Ecumenical translation in Logos.  :-)

Yes, you are right and it looks you know a lot about the process of translation of the former New Kralitz Bible, now Bible 21 Century Smile

I contacted a few times Czech Bible Society who owns the rights for the Ecumenical Bible and the president of the Board is a good friend of mine. He said they are very interested in having CEB in Logos. Well, we have to be patient. Eventually it would be great to have also the Czech Jerusalem Bible in Logos. Only than we can be satisfied and celebrate Cake

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 1:21 PM

That would be great to have the CEP as well.  Hopefully your friend can help move that along.  If he can't, then I don't know who could?  Of course, it would be really nice to see a Czech package like the SESB from the German Bible Society.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 1:41 PM

Steven Baxley:

That would be great to have the CEP as well.  Hopefully your friend can help move that along.  If he can't, then I don't know who could?  Of course, it would be really nice to see a Czech package like the SESB from the German Bible Society.

That would be great. The Bible Society people said they are preparing the database of the text to make it easier to implement into the programs. It was one year ago. The problem is not on the side of the publishers IMHO. All 3 of them (I don't know how it is with the Jerusalem Bible) assured me they communicated with Logos and expressed their readiness to cooperate in getting their Bible translations into the Logos. At the beginning of this year I got a message from Logos about the situation of the Czech Bibles and the message was:

"For most books we publish, we have a first in, first out policy, so even though a license is signed, we may not be able to actually work on the development of the book for some months. (...)

We would be willing to produce the Bible, 21st Century Translation, although our production calendar is already quite full for 2010."

So we have to be patient. I hope it will not be another year to see all those Bibles in Logos. Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 11:53 AM

I also hope it won't be another year ... I had hoped to see the Czech Study Translation out before Christmas, but I guess not.

Tesim se na kazatelska cesta do Cech pristi rok.  Preji Vam i Vaclav Janca vsechno nejlepsi do roku 2011.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 1:51 PM

Steven Baxley:
Tesim se na kazatelska cesta do Cech pristi rok.  Preji Vam i Vaclav Janca vsechno nejlepsi do roku 2011.

Děkuji a přeji nápodobně. Požehnanou cestu do Česka i celý příští rok.  Smile

P.S. Václave, víme něco nového?

Bohuslav

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 4:29 AM

Hello everyone, on Tuesday we have received a testing version of the CSP from Logos. Bohuslaw has a copy too and we're excited about this!

We found bugs, which we will report (as this is a testing copy) and hopefully will be able to see the corrected result soon! It's great to see this database in operation in Logos. Yes!

Václa

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 7:13 AM

Diky, Vaclave.  Kdybyste potrebovali dalsi "tester", klidne bych pomahal.  Smile

Nemam zkusenost v techto vecech, ale od faze "testovani" do faze vydani je priblizne jak dlouhou?

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 2:09 PM

Steven Baxley:

Diky, Vaclave.  Kdybyste potrebovali dalsi "tester", klidne bych pomahal.  Smile

Nemam zkusenost v techto vecech, ale od faze "testovani" do faze vydani je priblizne jak dlouhou?

Václav is right. It is great. ČSP is just best suited for that kind of software. All the thousands of notes just work perfect. It's by far much more superior experience than any other software I tried ČSP with.

There are just a few minor issues with fonts and also with the indexing of the NT part and then... it should be released, I suppose. It's coming to be a new day for the Czech users of Logos. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 2:20 PM

I hope I am not breaking any rules by giving you a small sample Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 3:34 PM

Vsechno co mohu rict je:  Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Diky za obraz!

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 3:15 AM

You're not breaking any rules, you're just torturing his poor soul :-)

I just sent the bugs report to Logos, so we'll see what they say about it next week.

Václav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 6:28 AM

Its a good kind of torture!

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 6:12 AM

Hello Bohuslav and Vaclav,

Have you heard anything new about when the Czech Study Translation should be released for purchase?

Steven

Page 3 of 7 (127 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS