Page 4 of 7 (127 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 126 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 7:27 AM

Steven Baxley:

Hello Bohuslav and Vaclav,

Have you heard anything new about when the Czech Study Translation should be released for purchase?

Steven

Hello Steven.

I am sorry you still have to use your patience as well as all of us Smile

Václav should know more since he is involved directly in the process. I am one of the few beta testers of the text and I can say there still is a one minor problem with the displaying of certain Czech specific characters in notes. It should not take much time to see the final version IMHO. It is a great experience to use the Czech Study Bible in Logos with all the thousands of the translation and study notes and indexes. Great tool.

Blessings.

Bohuslav

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 8:46 AM

Hi, ten days ago, Logos wrote that they sent our correction notes to the designer. Different people were on vacations. I just sent an email asking about the progress. I will write as soon as there is any :-)

Václav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 10:09 AM

OK, I'll be patient .... Wink

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 3:48 AM

Tadaa. The reply came quickly, a designer had a look at the bugs report and sent a logos4 version of the database with 4 and a half of 6 issues corrected!

There is still encoding bug with popups, but this I expect to be easily corrected, since they fixed the encoding elsewhere. The last issue is with search not differentiating between accented and nonaccented characters, which, you can imagine, is a problem in Czech language. Search returns too many false hits this way.

Otherwise, this version has all verses mapped correctly with respect to all the intricacies of verses joined, omitted, renumbered in other versions.

I just sent an updated bug report and will eagerly wait for the West coast to wake up and read it with their morning coffee :-)

Halelujah!

Václav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 6:08 AM

I'll work hard at continuing to be patient, 4.5 out of 6 is good!

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 6:29 AM

SmileYes

Bohuslav

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 12:58 AM

Good news: There is now a working version of ČSP in Logos!

All encoding bugs caught, references, footnotes and glossary tags working well.

One thing remains, but it should not stop releasing the product - it's that right now, the search doesn't differentiate between accented and non-accented letters. Those who speak the language will understand that it's a problem.

In my last email to Logos, I suggested a release. We'll see if there are any procedures remaining between Logos and the translation Foundation. I'm awaiting response from Logos.

It's a joy to use it in Logos! And now even a bigger teaser than the last one: We might embark on full reverse-interlinear version Stick out tongue

When Pavlov was experimenting on dogs, he didn't ring a bell, he said "ČSP in Logos, reverse-interlinear" and the dogs and all Czech pastors salivated Big Smile

Václav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 4:11 AM

YesYesYes

Wonderful!

Diky za informaci!

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 6:04 AM

Too bad it couldn't be out this morning ... I have a Bible study using Skype with one of my brothers in the Czech Republic ... I'd love to follow along in the CSP instead of the Kralicka!

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2011 2:33 AM

Yesterday, I got the Golden Master disc of CSP. Today I checked it out and unfortunately, it contains bugs and it's Libronix only. So I reported the bugs and will be waiting for the result. Václav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2011 7:33 AM

I'm groaning inside ... ale jak rikate v Cechach, "trpelivost prinasi ruze" Smile

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2011 2:52 PM

Steven Baxley:

I'm groaning inside ... ale jak rikate v Cechach, "trpelivost prinasi ruze" Smile

Hmmm... it's about the time to come out with that! But I stand corrected. Yea, we need trpělivost. You are right.

Bohuslav

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:59 AM

Is there any known reason we still do not see Czech Study Translation shipped?

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:05 PM

I've been wondering the same thing, Bohuslav.

Posts 1
Honza Měrka | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 8:22 AM

How it looks with releasing Czech Study Bible?

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:32 AM

I asked Logos, waiting for answers.

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 3:18 PM

Jan, welcome to the forums Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 1:24 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Hello Steven, you might be interested in the information I got from Logos when I asked about the other Czech translation, namely "The Bible, 21 Century Translation". Here it is:

"The Study Bible has taken priority, but we’ll be starting on the Czech Bible 21 Century just as soon as that is done. We hope to wrap it up in the next few weeks."

Would that be the reason for waiting? Will we see both Bible versions as a bundle? Just asking.

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2011 7:33 AM

This was posted on FB:

Na našich webových stránkách www.biblecsp.cz uvolňujeme nově ke stažení kompletní text ČSP pro použití ve špičkovém biblickém softwaru BibleWorks!

For non-Czech readers, what this basically says is that the Czech Study Translation has now been released for BibleWorks, beating Logos to the punch, so to speak. Crying

Logos, is there any ETA out there at all for the release of this Czech translation of the Bible?  Could we go beyond an ETA with a firm date for release?

Steven

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2011 10:47 AM

Steven Baxley:

This was posted on FB:

Na našich webových stránkách www.biblecsp.cz uvolňujeme nově ke stažení kompletní text ČSP pro použití ve špičkovém biblickém softwaru BibleWorks!

For non-Czech readers, what this basically says is that the Czech Study Translation has now been released for BibleWorks, beating Logos to the punch, so to speak. Crying

Logos, is there any ETA out there at all for the release of this Czech translation of the Bible?  Could we go beyond an ETA with a firm date for release?

Steven

I am really sorry to hear that Steven. I don't see any reason Logos was not released yet. Bible Works is widely used by pastors and teachers, just because the Czech Bibles availability.

Bohuslav

Page 4 of 7 (127 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS