Cannot install Logos 4.5 SR-3

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Diederick Rudolph Schwartz | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:25 PM

Lately my Logos 4.5b SR-2 (4.52.0.2202) regularly notifies me that there is an update available, but the installer fails.

I have learned that there is a new version available (Logos 4.5b SR-3).

I tried the command "Update now" but it comes up with "no update available".  I'm stuck.  And please don't tell me I have to do the whole thing all over again - I just don't have the download speed to install everything again!

Help please.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:08 PM

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting has => Update Error with steps to manually download, then update Logos 4 Mac application.

Wiki has =>  Mac Release Notes and History that shows 4.5b SR-3 is version 4.52.0.2208

The 4.5b SR-3 disk image is ~ 120 MB.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19
Diederick Rudolph Schwartz | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:24 PM

I tried what you suggested.  After downloading, I dragged the Logos 4 app into the Applications folder, and then got this message:  "The operation can’t be completed because the item “Sparkle” is in use".  I did a search for "Sparkle" in Spotlight, but nothing comes up.  What now?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:22 PM

Wonder if Logos Bible Software 4 is open ?  Also wonder if blue Logos icon is in menu Bar ?  Logos 4 Mac needs to be closed before updating application.

Curious what is being dragged to Applications folder ?

From open disk image, can drag "Logos Bible Software 4" to your Applications folder.  Note: the .app extension may not appear in your open disk image.

Thread => Update Error has similar experience with Sparkle.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 3:33 PM

Diederick Rudolph Schwartz:

I tried what you suggested.  After downloading, I dragged the Logos 4 app into the Applications folder, and then got this message:  "The operation can’t be completed because the item “Sparkle” is in use".  I did a search for "Sparkle" in Spotlight, but nothing comes up.  What now?

Try restarting your Mac before attempting the update. If an application is holding onto the Sparkle service that should reset it. 

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS