The Complete Work of Francis Schaeffer layout error

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:36 AM

Hi 

I just bought and download The Complete Work of Francis Schaeffer collection to my iPad, and I found some layout issue with it

1. if I turn on multiple column view and navigate through the book at some part of the book it will turn into one column and some part of the book will turn back into multiple columns, this can be reproduced on both IPad and desktop version of the application.

2. The table of content is missing for desktop version

Does anyone have the same problem?

God bless
Stephen 

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:16 AM

Hi Stephen

I don't usually use columns when I'm reading, so I don't know how many resources are affected by this, but a quick check in my copy of Schaeffer shows that it has the same problem yours does.  Scrolling forward in two column mode, there is one column.  After a subheading, it changes to two columns.  Scrolling back though the same text (Book One, Chapter One), it stays in two columns, so it appears to be the lack of a marker in the text, or a problem with the way that Logos handles potential column breaks.

I do appear to have a table of contents though, so I'm not sure about your second problem.  After the preface to the complete works, there is a table of contents for each volume.  Is this not what you see?

Andrew

Posts 29254
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:38 AM

Stephen Kao:
1. if I turn on multiple column view and navigate through the book at some part of the book it will turn into one column and some part of the book will turn back into multiple columns, this can be reproduced on both IPad and desktop version of the application.

Generally, there is a known issue with ALL resources. When a header is too large for a column, it will cause the app to shift to fewer columns. There are, however, other resources with specific issues that cause this. If you want to report this issue, you will need to be more specific. Where does this happen? Can you give screen shots?

Stephen Kao:
2. The table of content is missing for desktop version

Are you sure you just haven't hidden it?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 6:23 AM

I think that known issue explains what I'm experiencing.  Over to you, Stephen...

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 2:39 AM

Thanks Alabama

Don't know why the locator bar is off by default for this book, that is why I cannot see the ">>" button and hence I think the table of content is missing.

BTW if I want to report the lay out problem where should I post it. Keep it in this thread will do?

Thanks and God bless

Posts 29254
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 5:02 AM

Stephen Kao:
BTW if I want to report the lay out problem where should I post it. Keep it in this thread will do?

Sure.

Stephen Kao:
Don't know why the locator bar is off by default for this book, that is why I cannot see the ">>" button and hence I think the table of content is missing.

I don't know that it is "off by default," but if you turn it off, it will be off when you open it again. Likewise, if you turn it on, it will be on.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS