D.A. Carson on Pre-Pub & Vyrso -Double Purchase.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 18 2012 1:00 PM

I am not sure why Logos is offering some of D.A. Carson material both in Vyrso http://vyrso.com/products/search?q=D.+A.+Carson and Logos Pre-Pub http://www.logos.com/product/21263/the-select-works-of-d-a-carson

Will such duplicates not lead to confusion and double purchase? I do hope Logos will be willing to offer a refund should such occur. I may have thought wrong but I was under the impression that Logos will not be offering duplicate in Vyrso and Logos?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 155
Pedro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2012 1:58 PM

Hi Ted,

I don't see any duplicate books. Perhaps Logos fixed the issue now. ??

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2012 2:49 PM

Pedro Rodriguez:

Hi Ted,

I don't see any duplicate books. Perhaps Logos fixed the issue now. ??

Okay Logos have removed the duplicates but I have them in my library. Good to know that Logos is very responsive.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 278
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2012 4:09 PM

I have three books from Carson that I bought through Vryso that are in this collection.  I have sent in a question about how this will work (full Logos version, purchasing the rest of the set, price reduction for the volumes already owned, etc.) but I have not received a response yet.

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2012 4:19 PM

Mark Johnson:
I have three books from Carson that I bought through Vryso that are in this collection

Same here.

Mark Johnson:
I have sent in a question about how this will work (full Logos version, purchasing the rest of the set, price reduction for the volumes already owned, etc.) but I have not received a response yet.

When you get a response, please could you post your findings? Many thanks.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:07 AM

This comment from Phil is the most recent official thinking we have, to my knowledge

Phil Gons:
Free upgrades? We probably aren't going to have Vyrso and Logos editions of the same books. We'll license one or the other. However, in some cases we may license a book in Vyrso format and later decide that it would be better as a Logos book. Don't quote me on this—it still needs more internal discussion—but one approach we could take in this situation is to give everyone a free upgrade to the Logos edition when we retire the Vyrso edition. So you may get the quality of a Logos book for the price of a Vyrso book.

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 5:17 AM

Thanks Mark, as usual very helpful.

Posts 76
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 6:13 AM

I got a chuckle from phil's "don't quote me..." being quoted.

Helping people find seminary scholarships and church jobs.

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:19 AM

Ted,

The new Logos editions will replace the Vyrso editions in your library when this ships. You will not have a duplicate book.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:39 AM

Kent Hendricks:
The new Logos editions will replace the Vyrso editions in your library when this ships. You will not have a duplicate book.

So do people who already have the Vyrso editions qualify for a small discount on the prepub price?

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:55 AM

Mark Barnes:

Kent Hendricks:

So do people who already have the Vyrso editions qualify for a small discount on the prepub price?

It sounds like you get the Logos edition for free, like they just swap it out for you...

Posts 10
CY Chong | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:26 AM

Will the notes and highlighting be lost after the update?

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 2:38 AM

cychong:

Will the notes and highlighting be lost after the update?

Good question. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2012 2:43 AM

Mark Barnes:

Kent Hendricks:

I am skeptical. I believe in a free upgrade of Vyrso books to the Logos edition but I don't believe in getting any discount on the prepub of a collection. It is a similar thing as having a single Logos book and then buying collection of books where the book is included also. To my knowledge there is no discount for that. I would like to be wrong on that however Smile

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS