Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Terry Edge | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 18 2012 9:55 PM

Can logos be used with a Kindle?

Posts 33437
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2012 10:53 PM

Yes in a limited but growing form. It's available for free as a Kindle Fire app. I've not tried it on a rooted standard Kindle.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3165
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 20 2012 4:50 PM

MJ. Smith:
Yes in a limited but growing form. It's available for free as a Kindle Fire app. I've not tried it on a rooted standard Kindle.

In that case, Ereader News Today (fondly aka ENT) has a freebie some may be interested in. http://ereadernewstoday.com/free-kindle-books-10-free-books-for-6-20-12-2/6714538/  

I think you'll be able to decide for yourselves which one I mean.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 3165
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 4:24 PM

Here's another Should be offered on Vyrso http://ereadernewstoday.com/free-kindle-books-10-free-books-for-6-22-12-2/6714599/

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 2:09 PM

I have a Kindle Touch and have successfully uploaded 30 or so books from my Logos library using an ereader management tool called Calibre.  It takes a little bit of time, copying and pasting the text into Word then uploading via Calibre (there's also a programme called Sigil that can be used to create a table of contents), but there are some texts that I just want to read cover to cover and my Kindle is fabulous for that.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 3:10 PM

You can export books out of Logos as a text file and then open them in the Kindle.

Posts 251
Rod Bergen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 9:27 PM

When you register your kindle, Amazon provides you with an email address.  If you email a Word document to that address, it shows up on your kindle as an ebook.

Works extremely well with books that are exported from Logos, although it does take a bit of time.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS