Logos on Windows Phone 8?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 27937
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:39 PM

Welcome to the forums Matthew!

Unfortunately, the best answer I can give you is that it is doubtful at this time. The market share for those phones is very small at present. Bob chimed in recently and said that if the platform took off, they would consider it. 

Your best bet is an Android or iOS device if you are looking for a Logos mobile app. With the windows phone, you would be limited to biblia.com. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 14
Christian Dyssegaard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 2:05 AM

How many percent would Windows Phone 8 need for Logos to make a Logos app?

Posts 22197
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 2:11 AM

Hi Christian - and welcome to the forums

Christian Dyssegaard:

How many percent would Windows Phone 8 need for Logos to make a Logos app?

I'm sorry but I don't think you are going to get a definitive answer on that question here.

Comments on these forums are mainly made by Logos customers and this is a Logos business decision which I wouldn't expect them to discuss here.

As Alabama noted above, the best option for a Logos mobile app today is either iOS or Android and we have no indication that this is going to change any time soon, if at all.

Graham

Posts 1
Jared Pickerell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:39 AM

Putting in another vote for a Windows Phone version. I just bought a Windows Phone (a Lumia 520 for the full price of a whopping $50, no contract). I am a Logos customer and would very much like to see a Logos app for my phone. Can't buy a new iPhone, or Android phone for close to that price and for the most part does anything I could want of a smart phone (minus some apps including one from Logos).

Thanks for the consideration!

Posts 1
Derek roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 4 2014 10:06 PM

I second that. I would also like to put a vote in for a windows phone app! Market share is growing and with 8.1 out there the phone is gaining popularity. I moved from an iPhone to windows phone and the only thing I miss is my Logos app!

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 4:12 AM

Jared Pickerell:

...for the most part does anything I could want of a smart phone (minus some apps including one from Logos).

The reason most people purchase an iPhone or Android! Smile

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 5 2014 5:17 AM

Keith Larson:

The reason most people purchase an iPhone or Android! Smile

Or rather, the reason I always check for Kindle or other versions of any book I buy now before I buy from Logos. If I don't really need it as a searchable reference (commentary or journal, mostly), and there's a Kindle version available, I buy the Kindle version. It's often less expensive (and don't tell me about tagging, as I don't really need the Scripture verses tagged in most books, and there's precious little tagging done in many of these books otherwise), and I can read it on my phone.

Logos is losing sales over this -- and a few other decisions of late. They've clearly gone down my scale of purchases.

2014: $1500
2013: $2200
2012: $6600

And 2015? Probably $500 or less at this point. I've canceled almost all my prepubs, and I regularly kill off and community pricing item over $10 once it comes up for publication. I've pretty much stopped promoting Logos at the Seminary I work with, and I've pretty much given up on starting a Logos users group locally. 

From not addressing the privacy of notes in any meaningful way (other than essentially calling me stupid for actually caring) to overpricing resources to the end of publishing new journals to the lack of a windows phone application to the broken relationships with multiple publishers -- Logos is losing ground. I've seen this so many times -- the "shiny thing syndrome" -- "Hey! We can make millions over there, lets go chase that market," while letting your base product molder away in a corner. I'm shifting my spending elsewhere over time, and learning how to use multiple tools more effectively, instead of supporting a company that I think has become more focused on making money than on building an excellent product.

Dear Logos: Stop being Dori.

Russ

Posts 1
Kris davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 6 2014 8:55 PM
With 146 million smartphone users in the US and 4% windows phone, that's 6.5 million potential customers you are letting down. With Microsoft unifying the API 's for PC, phone and tablet I fail to understand your rational for not fully supporting your windows phone users. MS is not leaving the phone market. It's too big too. Even 4% is worth it especially I you can offer a good experience on it. Do the right thing and answer the requests of your users to support windows phone. It can only help improve your product more.
Posts 34
David Bayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:39 AM

It's not just in the US! I recently purchased both a Surface Pro 2 and a windows phone - to keep a uniform operating system across phone, tablet and desktop. I've been a Logos user since v.2 and I really, really want to be able to use it on my win phone - and I can't afford to buy an android phone just to have a second mobile device to run Logos.

Please reconsider the world wide market and support windows phone too.

David

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS