Logos cancelling shutdown

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 24 2012 2:15 PM

Recently, every time I try and shut down my computer, the first time I try I get a message saying "Logos cancelled the shutdown"; this morning I was keen to close down with Logos open, so it would restart with the same searches, but wouldn't let me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 24 2012 2:38 PM

Curious about Logos 4 Mac version ?

Logos cancelled the shutdown can happen because Logos 4 Mac took too long for application to quit.  Personally have learned to close Logos 4 Mac before shutdown OR restart of Mac.

One option is naming a layout in Logos 4, so can click layout to reopen searches.  Another option is creating favorites OR shortcuts for searches..

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1635
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 24 2012 3:00 PM

I've been doing the same thing: quit Logos, then shut down iMac. 

When I restart Logos after quitting it, it does restart with the same searches and what not, so it's just a minor hassle.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 24 2012 3:25 PM

Drew:
I was keen to close down with Logos open, so it would restart with the same searches

If you have Show home page on startup unchecked, that should happen automatically.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 24 2012 5:35 PM

I've also been having the shutdown issue, but have also been quitting the app first because of it.

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:13 AM

Never said thanks - that works!

But does anyone know why Logos still cancels shutdown (even in Mountain Lion)?

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2013 3:47 PM

Drew:

Never said thanks - that works!

But does anyone know why Logos still cancels shutdown (even in Mountain Lion)?

We're syncing before we shut down. This is preventing you from shutting down prior to quitting Logos. The same would happen if you had Word open and hadn't saved. If you quit Logos first (CMD+Q) this won't happen. 

Posts 20
Brent Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:28 AM

OSX does not allow you to adjust the timeout values of a shutdown either, so closing apps first is the only sure way of shutting down cleanly without a cancellation.  I'm thinking one solution would be to write an automation script to close open apps, wait for a reasonable time, and then issue the shutdown command.  You can adjust the wait time based on your experience of what's needed for your machine.

Brent

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS