Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8
Jason Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:40 AM

To make matters worse, now when you click on the in app news, one can follow any of the links in the news and can get to the internet.  Logos, please fix this as soon as you can, as I will have to keep the Logos app off my phone until then.  One option is to have links open in safari, so if safari is restricted, the links can't open.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Posts 8
Jason Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 5:12 AM

Learned that it is now possible to get to the internet by clicking on any link in the in app news section.  Logos team, could you please fix it so that these links don't open except in safari? Or perhaps just remove the links from the news section on the app?

Have deleted the app until this fix happens.  I hate having to delete it, I really enjoy having Logos on my phone, but purity is of more worth to me.

Jason

Posts 2842
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 6:30 AM

John Freeman:

I wish I had the self control and resolve that you guys have but I don't. That is why my iphone is reduced to email and only apps that don't have internet access. I have Safari turned off via restrictions , my wife has the code for that. I have Covenant Eyes on my computers with a great guy at church that is my accountability partner.

All this to because I have made a covenant with my eyes. I wish I could be like you guys but I can't and that is why I have to cutoff anything that would tempt me. I'm not being flippant, just stating facts.

John, I commend you for your efforts to be godly man, and I admire your resolve to deal with your besetting sin.  Everyone has some area of his life where he is weak and vulnerable to the evil one's attacks.  However, few have your resolve not to sin.  I am inspired by your witness and your honesty.  And I will seek to be more holy today as a result of reading your post.  May your tribe increase!

Matthew 5:6

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:13 AM

Michael Childs:
I am inspired by your witness and your honesty.  And I will seek to be more holy today as a result of reading your post.  May your tribe increase!

+1 Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Jonathan Simcoe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:15 PM

It looks like advancements have been made! The only thing that remains is the News Feed which still contains an embedded browser for links within the News Feed. Logos, please remove these last embedded web views for us!!!

Posts 150
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 12:01 PM

Love this discussion and want to add my support for removing any internal links and forcing them out to Safari - wish I could get this discussion going on the Evernote forum or the youversion.com / app forum.... I support this wholeheartedly!

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS