Any process to maintain scholarship quality?

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:32 PM

tom collinge:
I agree that there are a lot of options for interpreting scripture, and there are a lot of topics that a lot of people do not agree with (young/old Earth, global/local flood, same gender relationships, role of women, etc...)  May God be with y'all as y'all try to offer a balance understanding to these topics.

Tom, finding the balance that you speak of is much harder than most people realize. Even within a single denomination or institution, there are divergent view points, from people who studied at the same institution, and sometimes in the same class.

As long as it is well organized and carefully written I say, Bring it on. Big Smile Give me the info and let me decide.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:52 PM

Lynden Williams:

Tom, finding the balance that you speak of is much harder than most people realize. Even within a single denomination or institution, there are divergent view points, from people who studied at the same institution, and sometimes in the same class.

As long as it is well organized and carefully written I say, Bring it on. Big Smile Give me the info and let me decide.

Yes Big Smile

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2012 12:56 PM

Lynden Williams:
Very true,

When I was in seminary, we never agreed with each other, and that is what made studying scripture fun.

Lynden Williams:
Yes

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:21 PM

Doug Mangum:

Robert, the example you raised with the options for interpreting the flood as global vs local is exactly the type of thing we're looking to expand on in future editions. I've made a note of it as a section for us to revisit in our next expansion later this year. We are very interested in feedback that helps us see where we can improve as we work toward our goal of offering a thorough, balanced treatment of topics like this where evangelicals have a variety of opinions. I would also encourage you to send any additional feedback you have to editor@logos.com. 

That's good to hear.  Thanks Doug.  By the way, to add an extra thought.  Part of what set me off about that particular note on Genesis 7:19 was how it was stated that Psalm 104:9 referred to original creation and not the flood, and then verse 5 of the Psalm is given to support this.  I don't see the section of Psalm 104:5-9 as referring to original creation in the slightest.  Verse 5 can be seen as a lead in to verses 6-9 which seem to clearly point to the flood to me.  But simply the fact that it was taken as a sure fact that Psalm 104 supports a local flood without any consideration that it very well might not give evidence to that view bothered me.  I don't know how you guys at Logos see this note.  But if you'd like to discuss the verses to see where I'm coming from, I'd be glad to correspond via email.

Yes to everyone else.  I like the direction this thread went today.  Smile

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS