How do you integrate the Faithlife Study Bible with the groups?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Tami Neevel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:27 AM

We created a Faithlife group and downloaded the Faitlife Study Bible. How do we integrate the two? We would like to study the Bible as a team and add notes that post to the group and be able to look at the Bible and see the notes that someone else put in. How do I do that?

Posts 6668
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:29 PM

Welcome to the forums Tami. Have each membet of the group join the faithlibe beta group. Then navigate to the passage, right click on the verse, select reference and then select add note to community note. On the community note tab select your group and type your notes. Remember to post it and find a way to tell other group members which passages to look up. A simpleway to do this is to post the passages in the group via faithlife.com

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:40 PM

Lynden Williams:

Have each membet of the group join the faithlibe beta group. 

Welcome Tami!

Everything Lynden said is correct except one point about which group they need to join. They don't need to join the Faithlife beta group (unless they want to, this is a public group that interacts with Logos, if you post your notes there they will be seen by everyone - like me or Lynden who joined the Faithlife Beta Group - which might no be suitable for your group). Just didn't want someone to accidentally post something they intended to be private to your group and having it made public.

They need to find your group the one you created and join that one. If you made it private you can send all the group members an invite. They need to log in to Faithlife using the same account info they used when they got the Faithlife Study Bible.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 5
Tami Neevel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:37 PM

I can't seem to figure out how to connect the Faithlife Study Bible via online (my computer) in fact, when I ordered it, I paid for the other version but the only way I could find it to download was via Android or other mobile device. Can I download it into my group to work from? It's nowhere to be found...

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:40 PM

Tami Neevel:

Thank you, we already have a private group set up. I will give this a try. Thanks!

One of your options should be to send out invites.

Posts 5
Tami Neevel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:55 PM

Ok I figured out how to download this onto my computer, however when I try to highlight a text and right click on it, it doesn't give mt the options that Lynden mentioned. I need to figure out how to connect this to the group..

Posts 6668
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:57 PM

Tami, right click on the Bible verse in your favourite Bible.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 5
Tami Neevel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:07 PM

I did and I was able to write a note in there. Is this supposed to notify the group that a note was made? Or are you supposed to type manually into the group section something like "check out Psalm 113, I left a note" ? I just assumed that it would show up under notifications.

Posts 5
Tami Neevel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:08 PM

We have a group with everyone in it. Just trying to figure out all it can do.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:18 PM

Tami Neevel:

We have a group with everyone in it. Just trying to figure out all it can do.

Tami you might want to take a look at this website: https://faithlife.com/whatsnext

Not all of these features are live yet, but this can give you an idea of where Faithlife is going!

Posts 10924
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:43 PM

Tami Neevel:

I did and I was able to write a note in there. Is this supposed to notify the group that a note was made?

Yes, it's supposed to do this sometime in the future (according to the words of the Logos CEO), but this feature has not been implemented.

Tami Neevel:
Or are you supposed to type manually into the group section something like "check out Psalm 113, I left a note"
This would be a possible workaround - or you could share the bible verse with your faithlife group to let them know.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS