Tracking CP and Pre-pubs

Page 1 of 4 (64 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 63 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:46 PM

There are quite often questions in the forums about how long it takes to produce a resource, why it takes so long to produce a particular resource and how much the price changes between Community Pricing, Pre-pub and the final selling price.  It seems that it's not always easy to answer these questions in anything other than a fairly vague way, so I thought it might be useful to track the changes as they happen.  As the Classic Commentaries have nearly all been produced (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/39093/377469.aspx#377469), I thought I'd have a stab at a more comprehensive tracking document, so here's my first attempt:

8540.Prepub+CP Tracking.xls

The plan is to update it every week or so.  There's no need to tell me if you wouldn't find this helpful, but feel free to write if you would.  Comments, suggestions, error corrections and missing information would be welcome.  If you know of a good thread discussing why a particular resource in Pre-pub has been delayed, then feel free to mention this, and I'll link to it from the Notes field.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2012 9:23 AM

Hopefully this will prove interesting and useful in time, especially to those who can manipulate the spreadsheet.

Meanwhile, I've combined it all into one spreadsheet and improved the data:

1651.Prepub and CP Tracking - 30 Jun 2012.xls

Posts 167
David Kirk Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2012 9:31 AM

Very helpful thanks. 

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2012 9:33 AM

Check Joshua Cp peak. Looks too low.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2012 9:49 AM

Thanks.  Yes, it should be $35.  This will be corrected in the next spreadsheet.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 1:49 AM

The latest spreadsheet tracking dates and delays, prices and savings is below:

7532.Prepub and CP Tracking - 05 Jul 2012.xls

News - The Lexham High Definition Old Testament and Discourse Hebrew Bible Bundle have moved to 'Under Development' and 

Religious and Theological Abstracts

has gone from nowhere to 'Almost There'.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:42 AM

I didn't intend to update the spreadsheet this soon, but Logos have just added 24 new shipping dates, so I've added these to the spreadsheet:

8585.Prepub and CP Tracking - 05 Jul 2012.xls

Note that very few resources that are 'Under Development', and were added more than a year ago, do not have a planned shipping date.  Big Smile

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 5:12 AM

The latest spreadsheet tracking dates and delays, prices and savings is below:

0361.Prepub and CP Tracking - 16 Jul 2012.xls

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 7:50 AM

Good work Andrew!  I wonder if creating a line-graph chart would be helpful based on the data?  Also, you may want to consider running this through Google Docs so that others can help you update it and you wouldn't have to repost the file each time.  Unless you like doing the work yourself of course! :)

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 10:19 AM

Thanks, Chris.

I'm happy for you to suggest a particular line graph, or better still, add it to the spreadsheet and copy the spreadsheet back up.  I'll happily include it as an extra sheet in future posts.

Regarding using Google Docs, it sounds like a good idea.  I had thought of it, but didn't get very far on thinking through how to decide who should get write access. If you've helpful suggestions, then I'd be happy to hear them.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 4:35 AM

This is still evolving.  Hopefully it's now easier to filter...

The latest spreadsheet tracking dates and delays, prices and savings is below:

0513.Prepub and CP Tracking - 21 Jul 2012.xls

The biggest news is the price rise for the Understanding the Bible Commentary Series: Old Testament (16 vols.), which has risen from $99.95 to $179.95 and has returned from Under Development to Gathering Interest again.  Congratulations if you got in at the early price.  Logos usually honours the lowest price set.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 2:28 AM

Now tracking slippage as well, when Pre-Pubs are supposed to ship but are then delayed.

Here's the latest spreadsheet...

1401.Prepub and CP Tracking - 01 Aug 2012.xls

Still open to suggestions...

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:31 AM

To celebrate Bob's comment regarding the Harper one titles (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/52467.aspx?PageIndex=3), here's the latest update, including a link to the explanation for the delay, and the comment that they should be shipping soon.  Smile

0815.Prepub and CP Tracking - 10 Aug 2012.xls

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 18 2012 4:05 AM

The resources due to ship in September have just been published, so here's the updated spreadsheet.  It seems that there are far fewer delayed resources than when this tracking started less than two months ago (see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/51686/387725.aspx#387725).  Thanks, Logos.  Let's hope that continues.  Big Smile

8738.Prepub and CP Tracking - 18 Aug 2012.xls

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:11 AM

Here's the latest spreadsheet: 1488.Prepub and CP Tracking - 01 Sep 2012.xls

It includes a list of resources that went into development in August, and an extra column to track when Logos raise the Pre-Pub price a few weeks after adding the resource.  They seem to be doing this quite a bit at the moment but, as long as they're letting people know in advance, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

As always, feel free to notify me of any mistakes, recommendations for changes, etc.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:57 AM

It's been a month since the last update, so here's the latest version of the spreadsheet:

2818.Prepub and CP Tracking - 01 Oct 2012.xls

There's a new column for the date that a resource first starts to ship, for those resources that are released in batches, such as Geerhardus Vos' "Reformed Dogmatics".  Volume One shipped on 14 September 2012, though this isn't recorded on the product page, which still shows it as Under Development in pre-pub.

Posts 10051
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:34 AM

Andrew Baguley:
Geerhardus Vos' "Reformed Dogmatics".  Volume One shipped on 14 September 2012, though this isn't recorded on the product page, which still shows it as Under Development in pre-pub.

Andrew,

I think this was just an excerpt from Volume One, a sort of  "amuse gueule", which is a free greeting from the kitchen in expensive restaurants when you ordered a large menu and now wait for it to be cooked.

EDIT: just looked: the shipment is two chapters

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:46 AM

Quite right, N.B.  I should have checked...

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 4:55 AM

November's update includes formatting to show items with a shipping date in the future:

2311.Prepub and CP Tracking - 01 Nov 2012.xls

For the 101 resources shipped in the last four months:

Pre-pub prices have shown an average 27% saving on the final sale price (range: 0-62%).

Community Pricing has shown an average 80% saving on the final sale price (range: 54-92%).

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:04 AM

On the new look website Logos have added their expected selling price for items in pre-pub and community pricing (CP), so these have now been added to the spreadsheet.  Big Smile  This is really helpful, in that it gives an indication of how much can be saved, especially as the regular selling price isn't always that close to the retail price.  (There are a few items where I'm not sure I trust the really high expected selling prices.  These are CP and ex-CP items where the retail price is the same as the Logos selling price.  I think they've simply not set the selling price and the retail price has been picked up as a default.)

In updating, it was clear that there are a number of items where the pre-pub price has risen since the item was first added to pre-pub.  These are indicated using a red font.  Column Z shows the original pre-pub price.  Hope this is helpful:

3806.Prepub and CP Tracking - 10 Nov 2012.xls

Page 1 of 4 (64 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS