Devoted to Devotions on the Logos Blog

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:14 AM

This morning's Logos Blog "Devoted to Devotions" brought up something I cannot verify.

"Imagine, you wake up in the morning, go through your normal routine and, with your favorite morning beverage, sit down and open Logos 4. Right there on the Home page the Bible translation of your choosing is opened to your reading plan of choice.. "
--Devoted to Devotions with Logos 4 - Logos Bible Software Blog

Yes the Bible readings on the front page follow my prefered Bible, but where do I tell it which prefered bible reading plan for it to follow?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 18
David Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:33 AM

I was wondering the same thing but figured I was missing something obvious.

'twould be good if I could see my daily reading right there on the home-page - but I don't. I DO see a reading - but it's from Romans and not from where I am in my reading plan.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:38 AM

I just thought it was a random passage from my default Bible

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:02 AM

I'd been meaning to create a reading plan, so this was an chance to do so. The reading plan shows up in the ribbon, but the excerpts don't follow it, and I can't figure out how to do anything except rearrange the ribbon.

So, I wonder, do the marketing people like us for nitpicking the details?

Posts 707
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:00 AM

When I first read the post, I thought there must have been a new build of the software released with this requested functionality.

Maybe there is a new build coming that is behind the post?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:03 AM

RussQuinn:
Maybe there is a new build coming that is behind the post?

So long as they don't start counting down on the blog again :-)

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:04 AM

Jayson is looking into it.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1847
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:54 AM

Thomas Black:
Yes the Bible readings on the front page follow my prefered Bible, but where do I tell it which prefered bible reading plan for it to follow?

The Home Page will respect your resource priorities. So prioritize your top several devotionals (type:devotional), and Logos 4 will make sure to use it on your Home Page.

Posts 18
David Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:14 AM

Thanks, Phil. That helped with my Morning & Evening.

Now, I'm none too bright so can you help with what I need to do to make my Reading Plans appear as per the blog entry?

Posts 18
David Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:17 PM

I left a comment on the blog (unpublished) that I think helped them see where the disjunct was. In a nutshell, their pictures and wording made it sound like in the body of the Home Page, you'd see your reading plan with a 'Read more...' type link to take you to the reading. Now, the blog post is edited to read "Right there on the top of the Home Page is your Reading Plan" and the picture of the "Reading Plan material" has been removed.

I think that it would have been better to do an 'oops, it's broken', or 'that feature is coming but not here yet' or even "Ya know, I got that wrong' -  than just to stealth re-write the post, but I supose that is Logos' choice.

Anyway - your reading plan stuff is there on the 'Ribbon' just like it has always been and your devotionals can be proritized to appear in the body - but the reading plan does not (currently at least) appear there.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:37 PM

David Wallace:

I think that it would have been better to do an 'oops, it's broken', or 'that feature is coming but not here yet' or even "Ya know, I got that wrong' -  than just to stealth re-write the post, but I supose that is Logos' choice.

On one level I agree with you. But on the other level the Logos blog is an official publication of the company. If mistakes get published on a printed pamphlet you get rid of the old pamplets and print new ones with the correct information. In most cases it would be superflous and distracting to leave comments about the previously mistaken information.

The error from this particular blog posting isn't all that big of a deal; I'm happy to let whoever wrote it save face with a stealth edit.

Posts 18
David Wallace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:53 PM

Official Blog = Good Point!

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:09 PM

I have searched high and low for this feature on Logos 4 and I cant find it. Phil, is this missing from the Original Languages package? If so, why are so many of the best features missing from this resource?

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:24 PM

MarkStevens:
I have searched high and low for this feature on Logos 4
Which feature?  Prioritizing?  Devotionals? Reading plans?

Check the Wiki

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:29 PM

Thomas Black:
Which feature?  Prioritizing?  Devotionals? Reading plans?

Devotionals.

I have followed the instructions in the blog post comments and my library tells me I have no devotions. On the screen shots of the home page I noticed the devotional "day of the year" is highlighted in blue. For the life of me I cannot discover this feature.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:30 PM

Mark,

if you open your library and enter "type:devotional" are there any resources listed?

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:32 PM

Well if you don't have a devotional in your library - that would explain it.  Here's a shot of my list, see if you have any of those...

Check the Wiki

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:34 PM

Thomas Black:
Well if you don't have a devotional in your library - that would explain it.  Here's a shot of my list, see if you have any of those...

WOW! With that many devotionals one would think you would be more spiritual :-)

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:34 PM

Thomas Black:
Well if you don't have a devotional in your library - that would explain it. 

Okay - But I think it is remiss of whoever posted the blog post to infer that everyone could do this!

I don't have any devotional resources.

Logos 4 is brilliant on one hand and yet sooooo frustrating on the other. The information is limited!

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:36 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Thomas Black:

WOW! With that many devotionals one would think you would be more spiritual :-)

Philip,

After he's read them all, there's no time left for praying....

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS