Boice Commentary

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 11 2012 3:09 AM

Every day on Logos, we're seeing "6 more days" for this sale on Boice. How many more 6 days are really left? Or does these particular 6 days go on for years????   :-)

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:11 AM

Not sure, but, I sure dont see the code! Might not mind spending the $$ on this set for only $100; but, not $400

Posts 451
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:38 AM

LegendsOfBatman:

Not sure, but, I sure dont see the code! Might not mind spending the $ on this set for only $100; but, not $400

Batman,

The code can be found on this post of the Logos blog: http://blog.logos.com/2012/07/6-more-days-to-save-300-on-boice/

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:59 AM

Bootjack:

Every day on Logos, we're seeing "6 more days" for this sale on Boice. How many more 6 days are really left? Or does these particular 6 days go on for years????   :-)

From the Logos Blog:

"Order these commentaries before the end of the day Friday, July 13, with coupon codeJULYBOICE and get the collection for only $99.95—that’s a $300 savings off the regular price!"

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:31 AM

Thanks, Dave. Not sure why it was cut off on the Logos 4 home page. But, appreciate it.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:08 PM

Well, we got some comments about Boice but the question still goes unanswsered. Again if you will, why is it that each day it is still posted on Logos "6 more days to save 300.00 on Boice" --- one would think it might be narrowed to 5 then to 4 down to 1 eventually.

Obviously, the individual who sets up different pages on Logos is not taking care of this particular piece of information.

Does anyone know why?

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:20 PM

Bootjack:
why is it that each day it is still posted on Logos "6 more days to save 300.00 on Boice" --- one would think it might be narrowed to 5 then to 4 down to 1 eventually.

I am not sure exactly what you are referring to. If it is the blog post, it is to be expected. A blog post is like a newspaper… a snapshot in time. Under the "6 More Days" title is the date. The reader should be expected to understand this convention (i.e. that the 6 days is from July 7th - see screen shot).

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:22 PM

Bootjack:

Well, we got some comments about Boice but the question still goes unanswsered. Again if you will, why is it that each day it is still posted on Logos "6 more days to save 300.00 on Boice" --- one would think it might be narrowed to 5 then to 4 down to 1 eventually.

Obviously, the individual who sets up different pages on Logos is not taking care of this particular piece of information.

Does anyone know why?

Hey bootjack are u stupid or something? Your dumb question has already been answered! Here:

"Order these commentaries before the end of the day Friday, July 13, with coupon codeJULYBOICE and get the collection for only $99.95—that’s a $300 savings off the regular price!"

Gees! do you have to get so technical about the 6 days dilemma? Come on man there are better things to worry about.  What do you care if the people at logos have a reason or not to take the time to do a count down on a 6 day sale that it's been clearly stated will END ON FRIDAY JULY, 13!!! Can't you do the math yourself? Go complain to Bob so he can fire them if he feels like it, but u have no right to be whining about some stupid count down u wanna see on line for this sale.  Go call them and tell them yourself so u can sleep better and worry about other stuff once that burden has been taken off your mind!

Giovanni

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 2:57 AM

Alabama, sorry about the confusion. Let's say you have not got the Logos Bible program up on your computer yet. Then you decide to click the Logos icon and bring up the program. Before you do anything with the program, there is say three pages of material one can look through, I'll call it on the front page(s) / home page. Today, there is two pages of material to look at.

Today again, it is still saying amongst other things "6 more days to save 300.00 on Boice" - thus, rather the sale ends on the 13 or the 20th of December is not the point as our kind Glovanni has so graciously pointed out.

My question is - why does that remain "6 days" instead of narrowing it down day by day. I realize it's not a major thing but it could cause major unrest if one didn't read the fine print below that posting.  :-)

Now to you, O wise Glovanni. Regarding your brilliant question "are you stupid or something" --- again, if you should look carefully at my picture, the answer should be abundantly clear. Permit me to explain that to you; that would be the "something." Now I bet you've got it. Think carefully then I'm sure that will come to you.  :-}

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 4:19 AM

Bootjack - I understand now. The "homepage" in L4 isn't really dynamic. It takes articles from within your resources as well as blog articles. There isn't someone "updating" it. My guess is that your installation brought up the "6 More Days" blog, but didn't show all the info including the date written. If you are still seeing it, can you give a screen shot? I can see how that could be confusing! This is one of the reasons I personally don't use the "homepage."

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 6:47 AM

There's another thread this week on 'free software' and advertising (mobiles). The root of both is the same.

And both illustrate the confusion that some (most?) users never picked up on back in 2009 with Logos4's introduction.

People are simply running Bob's software on their computer. Advertisements that haven't been well thought out (Bob's software doesn't dynamically change the date in the copy), connects to Google stats, and eventually user advert views reporting etc. I'd assume publishers will appreciate resource usage reporting as well (anonymous no doubt in the near future).

Maybe Bob would like to continue the PB formats; maybe he won't. Maybe you'll need to start over again. Maybe he'll keep your notes on his software. Maybe he'll reject portions. Maybe you adjusted to his previous sermons handling; too bad. It's his software. It's not like your car that you bought and has problems. Nor your house. Nor your paper Bible. All of these are yours. But Logos4 isn't yours. At best, you have an opinion, but with a million accounts, you're a speck in the large-scale databases. Businesses look at stats and key users.

Yes, it's his software you're using. And will be using.

Now before anyone launches into licenses etc, those have been around for decades. Thiink 'Byte Shop'. Not talking about that. I'm talking about your Bible study.

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 6:54 AM

Bootjack:

Today again, it is still saying amongst other things "6 more days to save 300.00 on Boice" - thus, rather the sale ends on the 13 or the 20th of December is not the point as our kind Glovanni has so graciously pointed out.

It also says "Today is James Montgomery Boice's birthday". Presumably you don't think he has a birthday every day.

What you are seeing is the blog post of July 7th reproduced on one of the home pages. That's why it says "Logos Blog" at the end of the piece and also has a link to the actual blog post.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:17 AM

Thanks for the replies. The explanations clear up the matter. Here's a screen shot anyway.

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 10:07 AM

Bootjack:
Here's a screen shot anyway.

Thanks for the screen shot bootjack. I agree that it can be confusing. The homepage should make the blog post date available to the user to clear up confusion. Perhaps that would be a good suggestion. Wink

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:10 PM

Thanks Alabama24 for your kind reply. Where does one report something like that?

Also, I just glanced at this one called Giovanni the other day. Reading its post again, seriously, why is someone like this permitted to write on a forum such as Logos?

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:23 PM

Bootjack:
Where does one report something like that?

A good place would be the suggestions forum

As for your other question, Logos tries to NOT moderate the forum. When they need to step in from time to time, the do so. Often its just best to ignore such posts.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:43 PM

Thanks for the kind reply again Alabama24. I'll take your advice on both issues.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 2:13 AM

And not are they only off on the continual 6 day thing but they're still advertising it on the Startup page today, two days after the sale!!!!????    :-D

Posts 35
Chad Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:56 PM

I was confused by this sale as well. I saw the coupon code which implied that the sale was all July. Following our vacation I promptly and excitedly got on Logos.com to purchase the $99 only to find that the coupon code is now invalid. I am hoping that the discount runs again sometime soon, but I consider that a rather unlikely possibility.This is a huge disappointment. Huge.

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:16 PM

With all due respect, whoever does the Startup Page on Logos apparently kept flipping off the rails day after day. I'm sure it wouldn't take that much to put a "6 day" then "5 day" then followed by a "four day" etc etc.

Sorry you missed the sale Chad.   :-)

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS