Journals: The poor cousin that few seem to care about any more!

Page 4 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 68 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2012 4:23 AM

Robert Wazlavek:
I don't know anything about Journals, someone care to share information on them?  What they are exactly?  What their usefulness is?  Etc?

The major advantage of (theological), journals is to provide real time commentary on current issues in Biblical studies. Unlike monographs, which typically treat material and arguments from several years before the monograph was published (typically within the last ten years, sometimes within the last five years, uncommonly within the last couple of years), journal articles typically constitute and treat the latest commentary on a given topic.

Journal articles are an excellent barometer of current scholarly opinion and consensus, and generally the best way to stay current on the latest findings and theories. Discussion of topical issues takes place broadly and swiftly in journals, and having a collection of a large collection of journals provides you with a diverse range of thoughts and opinions on an issue, far more cheaply and efficiently than purchasing several monographs on the subject.

What journal articles lack in depth (in comparison with monographs; you can still find 50 page journal articles covering a single subject in profound detail), they make up for in diversity of opinion and access to contemporary scholarly views.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 1830
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 7:43 AM

i was wondering if we could get an update on why the journals have been pushed back three more times, since the 27th of July was given as a ship date.

Some word is better than no word at all.

Posts 1562
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 3:41 PM

Yes BUMP Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1562
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 6:21 PM

Will it actually ship tomorrow...Only time will tell! On the brighter side of things, I did receive an email stating that they were processing my order...yesterday. Here's to tomorrowBeer 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 76
martin lohstroh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 4:06 PM

BUMP

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 4:38 PM

TJL 14 is now available. http://lgs.to/MkoCjD

Posts 76
martin lohstroh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 7:11 PM

Had to cancel my pepub under my accounts page and reorded in new products page.Same price to get it now.   

Martin.

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2012 3:05 AM

Clifford Kvidahl:

TJL 14 is now available. http://lgs.to/MkoCjD

Still shows at the top of my pre-pub orders page, but will not download. It should not be necessary to cancel and reorder. What would happen if the regular price was higher, as it is with most resources? Logos needs to fix the system.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 1:46 AM

<Bump> After volume 14 languished last year, we are back here again this year with volume 15... except this volume is worse. It was put into production and taken back out for further prepub orders. Galaxie Journals are really not doing well and I really hope they survive.  Is there any chance that Logos could review their strategy with these?

Maybe if we say pretty please?!? Big Smile

Page 4 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS