SUGGESTION: See Balance of Payment Plan in Account

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:46 AM

It would be helpful if I could see the remaining balance of my payment plan under my account.  I have often wanted to make a purchase but needed to call customer service to see how much I already owe. 

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 6:06 AM

Go to www.logos.com. In the top right hand corner of the page select Account. Go to the Order tab. Scroll to the item that you are making a payment on, and select the number in blue besides it. While this does not show the balance, it does show how many payments you have left and the amount. 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 6:27 AM

OK, that is helpful.  I have never gone that far in.  It doesn't however take into account each time I have added to the plan, such as when I just bought Hermeneia.  It shows it by itself (and disturbingly, it shows up as split into 2 payments as opposed to twelve!), but it doesn't show the total for all combined plans.  This is good information though, as I can just figure what I pay monthly by the amount of payments due on the newest item. 

Thanks!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 7:50 PM

Lynden Williams:

Go to www.logos.com. In the top right hand corner of the page select Account. Go to the Order tab. Scroll to the item that you are making a payment on, and select the number in blue besides it. While this does not show the balance, it does show how many payments you have left and the amount. 

I used to use this manual method also, but when I combined a couple payment plans, it broke down as a way of tracking it.  I'd really like a more transparent/easier way to track this.

Great suggestion! +1 Yes

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:33 PM

Another feature that would be nice would be to pay the balance off early.  This is the one thing that causes me to use a credit card over Logos payment plan usually.  If the amount is high enough and I structure the payments right, Logos is sometimes cheaper than credit card interest rates.  But when I can pay the credit card off early, it changes things altogether.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:36 PM

Rev Chris:
Another feature that would be nice would be to pay the balance off early.

You can - just call and ask for them to take a pay-it-off payment. At least its worked for me.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:44 AM

MJ. Smith:
You can - just call and ask for them to take a pay-it-off payment. At least its worked for me.

Yes Same here.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 6:05 AM

MJ. Smith:

Rev Chris:

I have done this as well, and they will take off the $5.00 fees for the months that you ended up not using.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 7:52 AM

Joseph Turner:

MJ. Smith:

Rev Chris:

I have done this as well, and they will take off the $5.00 fees for the months that you ended up not using.

Ha!  Well that just goes to show you - people with better common sense than I get the tastier worm! :)

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 7:57 AM

LOL, I think your ultimate point is still valid.  If the cost is low enough (as well as your CC interest rate), then you could still come out better just charging it.  Another factor is if you use a CC that has special rewards, which could make it ultimately beneficial.

Posts 520
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 4:46 PM

I agree that it would be helpful to have access to this information. I hope that :Logos is reading this threat and noting your suggestion.

Posts 520
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:13 PM

Oh my! Thread, THREAD! Surprise

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:11 PM

Joseph Turner:

It would be helpful if I could see the remaining balance of my payment plan under my account.  I have often wanted to make a purchase but needed to call customer service to see how much I already owe. 

This is planned. I don't have an ETA for you right now, but it's on our list to work on in the near future.

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:40 PM

Phil Gons:
This is planned. I don't have an ETA for you right now, but it's on our list to work on in the near future.

This is good news. Thanks, Phil

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:59 PM

OT:

Andy, I just see you sneaked past 1000 posts this morning:

Congratulations,

may many more come,

and thanks for your help in the forums, especially flagging spam at times when the left-ponders still sleep!

Cake

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:07 AM

NB.Mick:

OT:

Andy, I just see you sneaked past 1000 posts this morning:

Congratulations,

may many more come,

and thanks for your help in the forums, especially flagging spam at times when the left-ponders still sleep!

Cake

Mick

Thanks, Mick... I have still someway to go to catch the rest of you guys up Big Smile... I guess reporting spam is at least helpful in boosting my post count Stick out tongue

Blessings Big Smile

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:12 AM

Phil Gons:

Joseph Turner:

Great, thanks!

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 1 2014 5:11 AM

Any more progress on this yet Phil?

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS