Downloads and CD's only for L3?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:43 PM

Are there any Logos Products that are strickly for L3 only. I'm thinking of uninstalling L3, but is there any product whatsoever from Logos that has to run on L3? So in other words, Are all downloads and CD's from the Logos Website able to run of L4?

mm.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:48 PM

Milkman:

Are there any Logos Products that are strickly for L3 only. I'm thinking of uninstalling L3, but is there any product whatsoever from Logos that has to run on L3? So in other words, Are all downloads and CD's from the Logos Website able to run of L4?

I'm quite sure all the stuff Logos sells from it's offices will be for L4 with backward compatibility (eventually, at least) to L3.

But this doesn't say anything about Nelson, or others that publish resources for Logos. I could only guess, but if I were to guess (and this would be just a guess, did I mention I'm not really sure?), 3rd party resource developers like Nelson are probably going to publish for L3 for a while.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:50 PM

To my very best knowledge the only things that won't work in L4 are PBB's and the other items listed on the What’s Missing from Logos 4 page and Missing Features - FAQ .

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:54 PM

Thomas Black:

To my very best knowledge the only things that won't work in L4 are PBB's and the other items listed on the What’s Missing from Logos 4 page and Missing Features - FAQ .

True, Thomas, but how would one install an L3 resource from a CD without L3? To get the license to Logos, it would have to be installed and the licenses synced. Granted most would install L3 as part of the installation process, but then the personal log-in info would have to be re-entered. So why not leave L3 on for now?

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 2:27 PM

If you have any of the Nelson "Life" works that contain audio files you will need L3 to run them.

they  are organized through the specific product home page (eg. Lucado)

You need his L3 Home page to access his tapes.

L4 does not have Home pages.

(Eventually?) I cannot remember Bob's answer to this one - besides "You can keep L3 "

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 2:39 PM

Oh.  Well when you put it like that Richard, I see the problem clearly.  You are, of course, quite correct.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 2:53 PM

Stephen Filyer:
(Eventually?) I cannot remember Bob's answer to this one - besides "You can keep L3 "

I'm pretty sure that support for audio and video is still coming.

As to how we can access them, since there are no home-pages any longer, I'm not sure. I'm hoping that the L3 home pages for such types of resources will become mini-resources that we can use as a sort of index for these works. But I don't have any reason to believe that Logos will do anything like this. Still I can hope.

As an aside, it's interesting how audio files are referred to as 'tapes' when it's hard to even find a tape player these days. Goes right along with plastic silver-ware, and the sun coming up, I guess.

Posts 112
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:09 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  L4 is my first version so I don't have 3 installed and would prefer not to have to and there are some resources that don't have the download option.

Posts 33
Andrew Nugteren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:13 PM

For example, the upcoming Tyndale New Testament Commentary set on pre-pub is install 3.0 only.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:36 PM

Chad M. Foster:

I was wondering the same thing.  L4 is my first version so I don't have 3 installed and would prefer not to have to and there are some resources that don't have the download option.

If you do get the product on CD (with a serial number), you could call CS, read the serial number over the phone, and have them activate it on your account; this won't require LDLS3 to be installed. The next time you start Logos 4, it would download the resources in the new product from the internet. (You could cancel the download and use the "scan" command to import the resources from the LDLS3 DVD, but there might be advantages to having the Logos 4 versions, e.g., potentially better media tagging.)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS