Bug: In Passage List, Bible references/ranges are only accepted once in the text field; cannot be moved around without doubling though.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
shtjonathan | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 17 2012 1:38 AM

In Passage List, I noticed that certain Bible references were not accepted, or so I thought. Turns out that I had already included them earlier on in my list. It is not possible to enter Bible references twice. It is possible however, to drag and drop Bible references, which has the effect of doubling the passage (instead of moving it).

Can this be regarded as a bug? Or is this by design / desired behavior?  I certainly would like to be able to add some verses/passages more than once sometimes; and also I’d like to be able to move verses around within the Passage List, without them doubling with each drag&drop!

Steps to recreate:
1. Create a Passage List and fill it up with some Bible references/ranges.
2. Try to enter the same Bible references twice (it doesn’t get accepted).
3. Try to move a Bible reference around within the Passage List, by drag&drop (the reference gets doubled with each move).

Currently, I’m using Logos 4 for Windows; didn’t yet confirm this on Mac OS X.

Thanks for Logos 4 and keep up the good work!

Posts 3153
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2012 2:47 PM

Hi Samuel,

I'm unable to reproduce the following behavior:

Samuel Jonathan:
It is possible however, to drag and drop Bible references, which has the effect of doubling the passage (instead of moving it).

Can you confirm that the behavior is persisting after restarting Logos 4, and if it is, please post logs of the behavior. Here is a link with instructions www.logos.com/support/windows/L4/logging

I could however reproduce the inability to add repeat passages. In testing it I discovered you can import passages from clipboard (aka Control+C) repeated passages, by copying text that has multiple and/or repeated passages, and clicking "Add" and then ". . .clipboard". I'll put in a case about the inability to enter repeated passages.  

Posts 24934
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2012 4:57 PM

Tommy Ball:
I'll put in a case about the inability to enter repeated passages.  

This would be OK for an unsorted list - once Sorted, though, duplicates should be removed.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9
shtjonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 11:14 AM

Tommy Ball:
Can you confirm that the behavior is persisting after restarting Logos 4, and if it is, please post logs of the behavior. Here is a link with instructions www.logos.com/support/windows/L4/logging

Hi Tommy,

I restarted Logos 4, and the behavior turned out to be like before. However, I just now discovered that there are two possible ways to drag&drop:

1. dragging the Bible reference only (which I used to do), has the effect of doubling it.

2. dragging the entire table cell containing the Bible reference AND Bible text, which has the effect of moving it.

They both seem logical to me now, so I don't regard this behavior as a bug anymore.

(To me, only the textfield thing still remains as a "bug" or unexpected behavior... a small thing really, but nice if fixed)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS