Page 1 of 4 (68 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 21
David McCulloch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 17 2012 2:11 PM

Does Logos have a wishlist for the iPad app?

For the past few months, I have been forcing myself to use Logos instead of my hardcopy Bible at a weekly Bible study.  As a result, I have a few suggestions for making the iPad app into a better product.  For example:

• Support tabbed reading panes (Google Chrome implemented this interface extremely well).  I am not talking about splitting the screen.
  • Ability to search on New Testament, not the entire Bible.
  • Ability to scroll text, not simply turn a page.  If this is not possible, at least let users align the page to any starting point.
  • Allow me to use my BDAG more easily, at least when I am connected via WiFi, to look-up selected words.
  • With IOS 6, support Siri's voice capabilities to permit hands-free navigation.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2012 2:20 PM

David - Welcome to the forums! 

You have some good suggestions. Logos does have a uservoice account, but they do not have one specifically for the mobile apps. Sad 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 39
Steven Branson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2012 2:27 PM

I love David's wish list and would add my support to his list, scrolling and tabs especially.

Posts 1
Brian Langhoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:35 AM

I would like to voice my support of Logos investing in developing the iPad/iPhone app further.  Tabbed reading and limited Bible search field would be greatly useful.  I see more and more iPads at my seminary, and know that Logos could really further their case to be the leader in Bible software with a robust application for the iPad.

Posts 277
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:40 AM

These suggetions are very useful and helpful!!!!

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:07 AM

Welcome to the forums Brian!

Brian Langhoff:
I would like to voice my support of Logos investing in developing the iPad/iPhone app further.

I can't speak as to the suggestions given, but I can assure you that Logos is continuing to develop the app. 

Posts 51
JZ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 7:12 AM

I will get behind the suggestion for scrolling as well.  This would be a great help. 

In God we trust. All others bring data.
Posts 1
D. Ryan Romine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 1:56 PM

These are great suggestions!! The ability to actually scroll the text would be so beneficial

Posts 46
Terry Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 2:10 PM

Those are all needed enhancements.  Additionally, I would like to see the ability to have a "downloaded only" view for library.

Posts 11
Aaron Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2012 10:26 PM

Ditto these enhancement request.

Also appreciate the hard work the iOS team at Logos are putting into making the iPad version more 'usable' and 'effective' for pastoral studies. Keep them coming!

Posts 1
Gary Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:24 AM

I would also like to see where you could use your split screen to have, lets say your Bible/Interlinear on top and your notes/lesson on the bottom of the screen. The developments are coming along great. Keep it up.

Posts 2921
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2012 9:35 AM

I would like everything on your list and my order or priority would be

• Search restricted to subset of bible (nt, out, single book etc)
  • Easier lexicon lookup
  • Tabbed 
  • Option for scrolling
  • Voice but I would prefer read to me option over voice navigation

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 4:34 AM

Prayer lists which sync to the desktop is the only thing keeping me from always using my iPad for my quiet time.

Posts 184
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 10:56 AM

Yes,

Independent multiple scrollable (and linked if required) split screen. I think Laridian does this best - looks good and is readable with 3 splits.

James

Posts 5012
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 11:11 AM

David McCulloch:

Does Logos have a wishlist for the iPad app?

For the past few months, I have been forcing myself to use Logos instead of my hardcopy Bible at a weekly Bible study.  As a result, I have a few suggestions for making the iPad app into a better product.  For example:

• Support tabbed reading panes (Google Chrome implemented this interface extremely well).  I am not talking about splitting the screen.
  • Ability to search on New Testament, not the entire Bible.
  • Ability to scroll text, not simply turn a page.  If this is not possible, at least let users align the page to any starting point.
  • Allow me to use my BDAG more easily, at least when I am connected via WiFi, to look-up selected words.
  • With IOS 6, support Siri's voice capabilities to permit hands-free navigation.

Excellent list overall.  Personally, I haven't  thought of need to scroll text, so not 100% clear on how it would provide a better user experience, so I'd probably put this at bottom of list if I was going to prioritize the list.

Jacob Hantla:

• Voice but I would prefer read to me option over voice navigation

I agree Read to me should also be on list, but like voice navigation, though would probably not see it as a great option in a classroom or church, everyone talking to their iPad could get a little distracting, just one person in church would be distracting for the congregation, but would find it useful in other situations.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 10:24 PM

Andrew- I also don't put scrolling high on my list, but I can explain it a little. One reason is that when you are highlighting, sometimes the text spans two pages. Scrolling would allow you to position the text appropriately. This is the only reason I would want this feature. A "half page turn" would work for me just as well (or better)

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 10:27 PM

alabama24:

Andrew- I also don't put scrolling high on my list, but I can explain it a little. One reason is that when you are highlighting, sometimes the text spans two pages. Scrolling would allow you to position the text appropriately. This is the only reason I would want this feature. A "half page turn" would work for me just as well (or better)

That's a good point! I would like to have scrolling and page turning as options. 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 10:27 PM

alabama24:

That's a good point! I would like to have scrolling and page turning as options. 

Posts 3
David Causer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 6:35 PM

Ok, not sure what this would be called, but 

PLEASE

Make an option, to allow the bible, always start at the same point. Foe example, on an iPad, I would like Romans 1:4 or what ever to always appear at the same place. Many people have a photographically memory, and the only thing I don't like about electronic bibles, is verse keep moving around - where as - in an actual bible, I can remember things like, roman 1:4 is on the right page, 2nd column pretty close to the bottom... And I can remember many verses like that.

So, I would like some way to, select, for every time I go to a verse or chapter, for all the verses to still be in the same place as last time... So I could begin to photographically memorize, my favorite bible version, in electronic format on my ipad

Hope that makes sense?

Does anyone else memorized were verses are on a page like this too? Sorry for the mis-spellings I can't go back and change what I typed for some reason...

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 6:39 PM

In addition to scrolling, I'd like to see the highlighting feature use fewer button presses by eliminating the "Done" button.

Page 1 of 4 (68 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS