Book Download?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:45 PM

I recently ordered (30 min.) the Theological Journal 1-10 collection and have yet to receive the product. Normally it seems as though a product such as this would be made available immediately after a confirmation email is received. Has anyone else experienced this delay? How long could this delay take?

As always thank you for your help! 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 2332
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:51 PM

You may want to shut your computer down and then turn it back on.

Also type "update resources" in the command bar (without the quotes) and then press the "enter" key.

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:57 PM

Ive entered in the "update now" command a few times and it say that no updates were found. I also check my mobile devices and nothing has shown up. I decided to use a 12 mo. payment option so it may take longer to process. You think this could be an issue?

Posts 2332
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:00 PM

Whenever I've used the payment plan option I have always called customer service and I've always gotten my resources immediately.  I don't know if it is different with an online purchase.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:00 PM

John Kight:

Ive entered in the "update now" command a few times and it say that no updates were found. I also check my mobile devices and nothing has shown up. I decided to use a 12 mo. payment option so it may take longer to process. You think this could be an issue?

shouldn't be.  I would call CS in the morning if it still hasn't come through.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 2332
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:03 PM

I hope you don't have to wait until morning.  I understanding wanting to access your resources right away - especially one such as the Theological Journals.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:23 PM

John Kight:
Ive entered in the "update now" command a few times
There is a difference between "update now" and "update resources".  You want the update resources command.  It will take a little while.  I bought a book tonight from Vyrso and it didn't appear soon after I received the email confirmation, so I did a complete shutdown on my iPad, which forces a sync when I open it again, and that worked to get the book to show in the library.  Perhaps Logos is a little slow tonight, or I'm a little impatient ;-)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:36 PM

"update resources" seemed to do the trick.Big Smile

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:55 PM

Never mind...false alarm! I guess I had a few resources that needed updating. Looks like I will have to call CS tomorrow on my lunch break. Tongue Tied

Posts 2332
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:59 PM

Glad to hear everything worked out.

Edit: Sorry - to hear it didn't work yet.

Posts 2332
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:24 AM

Did you ever get your resources to download?

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 6:51 AM

Ronald,

I called customer service and there ended up being a an issue with the file that was hindering it from unlocking on my account. Everything is working now and I am enjoying the richness of Theological depth offered in the collection, as well as anticipating Vol. 14 next week. Smile

Posts 2332
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:22 AM

Great!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS