Logos Bible Software 4.6 Beta 1 (4.60.0.2634) YIKES!

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 18 2012 8:59 PM | Locked

When I open a passage guide it populates fine but when i click or double click on any volume in the list nothing happens… also high-lites  are no longer functional, unless you hold down the control key. In for a penny in for a pound I tried to downgrade back to stable release only to be told that isn't possible Please reinstall latest version. I will be using it  but obviously if i had a choice i would have went back to a simpler more functioning Logos… 

Hmm

-dan

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 9:30 PM | Locked

Are you experiencing a difficulty beyond what was noted in the release notes? I haven't had a chance to use the highlighting feature yet.

Posts 29903
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 9:34 PM | Locked

Dan Francis:
I tried to downgrade back to stable release only to be told that isn't possible Please reinstall latest version. I will be using it  but obviously if i had a choice i would have went back to a simpler more functioning Logos… 

Sorry for your troubles Dan. Tongue Tied It is a good reminder, however, that betas are often buggy. Personally, I switch off of beta channel until things settle down a bit to avoid situations like this. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 10:41 PM | Locked

alabama24:

Dan Francis:
I tried to downgrade back to stable release only to be told that isn't possible Please reinstall latest version. I will be using it  but obviously if i had a choice i would have went back to a simpler more functioning Logos… 

Sorry for your troubles Dan. Tongue Tied It is a good reminder, however, that betas are often buggy. Personally, I switch off of beta channel until things settle down a bit to avoid situations like this. 

Another approach is using several Mac OS X user accounts so stable and beta can be installed on one computer.  Personally have Stable release in my Applications folder while Logos 4 Mac Beta is in my Documents folder.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2772
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 11:49 PM | Locked

You might also consider using another startup drive for stable work so as not to clobber your necessary stuff. Or keep your beta testing on a Win installation Wink

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 566
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:25 AM | Locked

I can confirm that the passage guide WILL NOT allow any resource to open! I entered Hosea 1 into the passage guide, the Bible text appears along with one resource and any attempt to select additional resources yields nothing! I am "dead in the water" on 4.6 beta 1!

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Big Sur

Ipad Air 2 (ios 9.7 (0014)

Samsung A50 (9.7 907000152)

Posts 62
George W Raduano | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 4:32 AM | Locked

I have found that it is only my commentaries in the passage guide, that will not open. Resources that are not in the "commentaries" sections all seem to open and function as expected.

Posts 2874
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:02 AM | Locked

alabama24:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Thanks to all of you that do beta testing.  [Have done beta testing elsewhere and know what a pain it can be.  But it is a needed step in getting a quality product. ]

Thank you for finding all the whoops so I don't see them! 

Posts 263
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:23 AM | Locked

Same here. Can we get a quick patch? Thanks!

Posts 263
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:30 AM | Locked

No highlighting shortcuts on Bible either. I can pull up highlighter in 'Tools', but no shortcut buttons work.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Jackie Watts:

No highlighting shortcuts on Bible either. I can pull up highlighter in 'Tools', but no shortcut buttons work.

Highlights will function IF YOU HOLD DOWN THE [control] key when pushing the short cut key.

-Dan

Posts 263
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:45 AM | Locked

Thanks - do you think that was purposeful...or a glitch that needs to be worked out?

Posts 29903
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:09 AM | Locked

Jackie Watts:
Thanks - do you think that was purposeful...or a glitch that needs to be worked out?

I remember a discussion about a similar issue a little while back. I don't know if this is a regression, or if it is because of changes necessary due to Mountain Lion coming out next week.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10847
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:03 PM | Locked

David Ames:

You are welcome, maybe Geeked The cutting edge of technology is often called the bleeding edge. When I was younger, I volunteered for submarine duty in the US Navy; now I beta test L4 Mac for that same sense of impending disaster  Big Smile

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Dan Francis:
When I open a passage guide it populates fine but when i click or double click on any volume in the list nothing happens

There is an active case for this issue.

Dan Francis:
high-lites  are no longer functional

If you are referring to highlighting shortcuts, there is an active case for this issue.

Posts 263
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:12 PM | Locked

Thanks for the update.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 5:23 PM | Locked

Jack Caviness:

David Ames:

You are welcome, maybe Geeked The cutting edge of technology is often called the bleeding edge. When I was younger, I volunteered for submarine duty in the US Navy; now I beta test L4 Mac for that same sense of impending disaster  Big Smile

Well if you can survive submariner duty I suppose i will survive beta testing. It is only slightly in convenient needing to switch books rather than clinking on them.

-dan

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

George W Raduano:

I have found that it is only my commentaries in the passage guide, that will not open. Resources that are not in the "commentaries" sections all seem to open and function as expected.

Concur; unable to open any commentaries in section(s) of Commentaries, however, can open commentaries (and other resources) in section(s) of Collections

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10847
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 6:52 PM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Concur; unable to open any commentaries in section(s) of Commentaries,

Becoming more efficient in the use of the open command: "open Moo Romans to Rom 1.18" provides two choices because my library has two commentaries on Romans by Douglas Moo. Can then cycle through my Technical commentaries (that's a collection) on Romans 1:18 using the parallel resources button—or the right/left arrow keys.

With a little practice, this becomes an efficient operation. Still would prefer the PG, however.

Posts 2871
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 7:58 PM | Locked

I can understand many of the obscure bugs that get through in these beta releases, but how does something like this escape the notice. That's like letting a model of a car out of the factory where none of the radios turn on. You'd think they'd find a fix for such a big feature before releasing a beta. I can understand it showing in internal builds, but not a public beta.

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS