2 questions

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 1:20 AM

I've 2 questions:

1. If you buy a Logos-package, and you select the DOWNLOAD option, can you order the DVD later on? I found another topic on this forum, which mentioned a "Media Only DVD", but I couldn't find it in the Logos-shop. Is it still posible to order a "Media Only DVD"?
  2. When you buy a Logos 4 package (I'm considering buying the Silver package) can you use the texts included in that package also in Logos 3? I have the SESB, which is based on Logos 3, and has some features that are not yet ported to Logos 4.
Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 2:38 AM

Yes to both. But remember that the downloading will take 8-10 hours. Let it run overnight.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:22 AM

Simon Lagendijk:
When you buy a Logos 4 package (I'm considering buying the Silver package) can you use the texts included in that package also in Logos 3? I have the SESB, which is based on Logos 3, and has some features that are not yet ported to Logos 4.

Mostly,

Some of the new resources are only available in the Logos 4 format, which version 3 cannot read. After you purchase the upgrade and Logos adds new licenses to your account you can run http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd which should download from the ftp site any resource you have a license for and is compatible with version 3. Keep in mind that some of the resources included in the L4 packages are designed specifically for that version and will likely never work on version 3 (others will be rebuilt in the future) so you will also need Logos 4 on the same computer until that program develops enough for you to use all the SESB features.

Posts 25284
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 4:45 PM

I'll just add to the other answers:

1. I'm in process of finding this out - I emailed Sales a couple weeks ago and the reply today was "I don't understand the question"! I've replied with a clarification which should see a better answer next time!

2. Logos are compiling a v3 DVD to enable your v4 resources (those that can be converted) to be used in Libronix v3!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1848
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:06 PM

Simon Lagendijk:

I've 2 questions:

1. If you buy a Logos-package, and you select the DOWNLOAD option, can you order the DVD later on? I found another topic on this forum, which mentioned a "Media Only DVD", but I couldn't find it in the Logos-shop. Is it still posible to order a "Media Only DVD"?
  2. When you buy a Logos 4 package (I'm considering buying the Silver package) can you use the texts included in that package also in Logos 3? I have the SESB, which is based on Logos 3, and has some features that are not yet ported to Logos 4.

1. Yes. But you'll need to order it over the phone for now. It won't be for sale on the website until Christmas.
  2. The majority of your resources will be usable in Logos 3 or Logos for Mac 1. You'll need a different media-only DVD with the files in .lbxlls format (rather than .logos4 format). These disks are now shipping as of Wednesday, but are not yet for sale on our website. Alternatively, you can run a resource update script, which may be ready sometime next week, to download your books into Logos 3.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS