Does Crossway pay Logos / Morris Proctor for promoting the ESV?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2012 3:02 PM

Rev Chris ... we're not that far apart. And I don't necessarily recommend my views for anyone else. My sister writes music for one of the religious groups; whether she accepts royalties or not, I've no idea. And I don't plan to ask her; none of my business and even if I knew it still would be none of my business.

Having been a CPA and later a corporate exec, I guess I used the term in its business'y way; costs and compensation are already covered. Gravy. Bonus-time.

But I DO think the best thread on Logos.com ever titled I'll get in trouble with MJ for even quoting it. She probably won't remember it, since even the fallacy-dog was not strong enough medicine. But it had something to do with 'Z' company. Crossway's not even in the same ballpark.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2012 3:48 PM

DMB:

Rev Chris ... we're not that far apart.

No kidding - I used to be a CPA myself!  (Probably why I said the accountants would need to be compensated for their time).  I just see profit as compensation for risk of investment.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 26465
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:04 AM

DMB:
I'll get in trouble with MJ for even quoting it. She probably won't remember it, since even the fallacy-dog was not strong enough medicine

Big SmileWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS