Logos Prevents OS X from shutting down

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 28 2012 2:34 PM

Hi all!

I've been having an issue since I moved over to the Mac 7 months ago and I thought I'd reach out for some advice.  This happened with Lion that came with the machine and now Mountain Lion on a fresh install that I just did.

Whenever I go to shut down or restart the computer and Logos is running, I always get the message that Logos prevented the shutdown from happening.  But, Logos is always closed after this so I assume that Logos just took a bit too long to terminate before the computer could shut down.  A second shutdown attempt always works just fine.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?  It seems like it's more of an OS X problem than a Logos problem, but is there a way to tell the OS to wait for a few seconds for Logos to terminate?  Anyone else run into this and find a solution either in Logos or outside of it?

Thanks!

Posts 5160
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2012 3:15 PM

Timothy Shrimpton:
Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?  It seems like it's more of an OS X problem than a Logos problem, but is there a way to tell the OS to wait for a few seconds for Logos to terminate?  Anyone else run into this and find a solution either in Logos or outside of it?

Yep – I do. The problem gets mentioned every so often in posts but it a minor niggle that  I am used to catering for. I do wonder when it will be sorted though.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2012 3:15 PM

I get this problem too on my MacBook Pro. I think it's caused by the time Logos takes to sync prior to OS X trying to close it. I haven't got a fix, instead I always close Logos myself before selecting "Shut Down" on OS X. 

Posts 10813
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2012 3:30 AM

Paul Clarke:
I always close Logos myself before selecting "Shut Down" on OS X. 

I usually follow the same procedure with most applications. Not too fond of forced termination of apps.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS