Page 20 of 20 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20
This post has 387 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 14
Glenn H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 14 2019 7:33 PM

AMEN brother!

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 14 2019 7:42 PM

Is it Easter? Lots of old threads are resurrected today lol

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 26500
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 14 2019 7:49 PM

Wild Eagle:
Lots of old threads are resurrected today lol

YesBig Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 2:12 AM

MJ. Smith:

Wild Eagle:
Lots of old threads are resurrected today lol

YesBig Smile

The apocalypse is near!!!! 🔥😂🔥

Posts 5249
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:52 AM

While I have no doubt valid points were made (I did not review the thread) this is addressing a very different time. Faithlife now offers its free basic packages now as well as $100 fundamental packages to enter. Logos will always remain too expensive for people who want everything free, it remains a good value for most who want to use current tools to study the Bible.

-dan

Posts 204
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2019 5:08 AM

I'm afraid I don't get on the forums very often anymore because I work materially and minister in a church, but as has been stated this is not the first (or the last, I imagine) time this has come up on the forums. I agree that each of us must make decisions as to what we want to get for our purchase.  I have spent a lot of money with Logos and I admit I don't use the software nearly as efficiently as I could for lack of time, but I also have to take into account the things I must confront.  A quick sampling of the questions I have gotten from young and old or had to teach/preach on in the last few years includes:

Chuch History, Canon, Persian history, biblical interpretation, American history, European history, Hebrew, Greek, inter-testamental period, Roman history, Jewish history, etc.

I need a sizeable library to be able to research/answer these and other questions.  For that reason alone I think Logos is worth it.

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 9:16 PM

There are many things in this world that each of money for, but the use of our money for the study of Word of God is the best or one of the best uses of our money.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 84
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2019 10:02 PM

In addition to being a pastor, I am also an attorney. I often pay $100-$300 for books because of the value they bring to my profession. Logos is somewhat like that. It is for those who are professionals. Unfortunately, it is not for all.  But fortunately for those who are professionals, or for those who can afford it, it brings great value to their teaching, preaching, and research capabilities. 

Page 20 of 20 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 | RSS