Logos Is Too Expensive

Page 17 of 20 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last »
This post has 387 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 1:33 PM

Cynthia from Florida:
And then, the edit?  I'm posting anonymously?  I honestly have no clue what you are talking about...

I'm not surprised.  Half the time I'm not sure what Denise is talking about either.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2034
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 1:47 PM

Which half, please.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 1:47 PM

Michael Childs:

I have to disagree.  Good books are expensive, whether in electronic format or paper format. Without Logos I would never have had the theological library that I now enjoy.  I owe Logos a great debt of gratitude.

Overall, I find Logos books to be less expensive than paper books, and much more valuable.  

YesYes

Posts 10038
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 1:54 PM

Cynthia ... usually 'anonymously' means your identity can't be determined. There's many Cynthia's in Florida. It's not your real name. Now, whether a person creates multiple persona is a choice anyone can make.  It's a choice Logos allows. Since the first is anonymous, the second is just as anonymous.  Maybe the first one is bad, and the second one nice?  Or visa versa? We've had folks that use the same account but it's multiple people talking ... again anonymously.  Which one are they?

Maybe what you were mentioning is 'double anonymous'?

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 2:18 PM

George Somsel:

Cynthia from Florida:
And then, the edit?  I'm posting anonymously?  I honestly have no clue what you are talking about...

I'm not surprised.  Half the time I'm not sure what Denise is talking about either.

Well, half the time I am not even sure what I am talking about.  But somehow I find these forums addictive, and I enjoy the posts of nearly everyone who gives their time to answering questions or simply pontificating.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 2:50 PM

All these posts are a hoot!

Hi everyone.  Merry Christmas!

JoshInRI

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 3:59 PM

Denise:

Cynthia ... usually 'anonymously' means your identity can't be determined. There's many Cynthia's in Florida. It's not your real name. Now, whether a person creates multiple persona is a choice anyone can make.  It's a choice Logos allows. Since the first is anonymous, the second is just as anonymous.  Maybe the first one is bad, and the second one nice?  Or visa versa? We've had folks that use the same account but it's multiple people talking ... again anonymously.  Which one are they?

Thank you for the explanation.  I understand now.  On another forum I visit, when someone makes a second user name, they call it "anonymous," and so that is the term I used here.  Clearly differing definitions of the term caused confusion here, as that is not at all what I meant.

FYI:  My name really IS Cynthia and I really do live in Florida! I didn't choose a fun or interesting name like some others here because, well...I lack originality! Big Smile

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:00 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

This thread is hysterical...seriously!

After reading it all, I have just two things to say:

First, I don't have much respect for people who post anonymously.  Creating fake ID's to post?  Seriously?  If you can't take ownership of your words, then don't post them!

Second, no one forces anyone to purchase Logos .  If you don't want to spend the money, or you can't afford it, don't.  I'm sorry to boil all this down to that,  but it really is that simple.  It doesn't matter what other companies offer, and it doesn't matter what Logos charges for books.  It matters if you are willing or able to pay the price.  Logos is a company, not a ministry.  What they charge is up to them.  Whether or not you pay it is up to you.  Plain and simple.

That's all I got...

you're experiencing the part of these forums that is a little uncontrollable and somewhat perplexing at times: people.  Welcome, even though you've been around a little bit, I see! 

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 10038
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:09 PM

Gee, Dan ... er Friedrich ... you've changed!

Posts 50
Darrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:10 PM

Yes

Dell Lap Top Win 10_Home,  Logos 7,    

Samsung gs7 phone

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:39 PM

Denise:

lol, wondering when someone would notice, especially in light of the thread.  thanks, I feel somehow important. 

I've been wanting to change that a long time.  i don't like having my name all over the internet.  Friedrich was a nickname by a college buddy, playing off my middle name but Germanicizing it because I used to live there.  and NOW you know.  thrilling detail and technicolor.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:40 PM

Friedrich:

Denise:

lol, wondering when someone would notice, especially in light of the thread.  thanks, I feel somehow important. 

I've been wanting to change that a long time.  i don't like having my name all over the internet.  Friedrich was a nickname by a college buddy, playing off my middle name but Germanicizing it because I used to live there.  and NOW you know.  thrilling detail and technicolor.

And I was chuckling, too, because the photo kinda looks anonymousish.  goofin' after a race.  but few can tell because these pics are so tiny.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:48 PM

I think I will morph into Juanita!

Posts 27446
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:51 PM

Joan Korte:

Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 5:12 PM

Juanita:

Hey Joan!  I miss Michigan . . . the state, that is!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 5:16 PM

Friedrich:
I miss Michigan . . . the state, that is!

I miss Saginaw.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 10038
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 5:19 PM

Cynthia ... that's interesting about 'anonymous'.   I remember the day (maybe the year) that we all were surprised Unix didn't seem to be Unix.  Finally, someone got brave and asked Unix if he was Unix.

Friedrich ... lol twice.  Having spent time in Germany (I guess it's popular place!), your image looked just like a set of buildings in Bavaria. Friedrich?  Yes, German.  Maybe someone stole Dan?!

Juanita is nice.  And easy to remember too.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 5:39 PM

Denise:
 Having spent time in Germany

I was an mk there in the 70s.  What took you there?

Denise:
your image looked just like a set of buildings in Bavaria

I did live in Munich (and W Berlin) but those buildings you see are St Louie

Posts 10038
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 7:15 PM

Military also.  'For' but not 'in'.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 2:56 PM

Denise:

We also have an individual who posts on three separate accounts. Sometimes accidentally posting from the wrong account, deleting it, then re-posting. 

Lately our favorite Scandinavian has only been posting on two accounts. 

When I started out here I used my full/real name. But it was brought to my attention that I didn't want that kind of attention as I traveled to and from some of the countries I've traveled to and from. a post attributed to me may bar entry in some more guarded places. I changed it to this. But frankly, its not much "cover". Though I haven't traveled anyplace in a number of years that would require that level of sensitivity.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 17 of 20 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS