BUG: LEB no longer shows as reverse interlinear, but shows visual filters

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:10 AM

After updating to SR-7 today, I find that the LEB no longer shows as a rev int and the rev int option on the tab no longer displays. However, the visual filters I have (applied to the Greek text) are still showing!

Also, it appears that I have two Lexham English Bibles. (I tried hiding the one I had not been using, and restarting, but that didn't solve the problem.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 594
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:16 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

After updating to SR-7 today, I find that the LEB no longer shows as a rev int and the rev int option on the tab no longer displays. However, the visual filters I have (applied to the Greek text) are still showing!

Also, it appears that I have two Lexham English Bibles. (I tried hiding the one I had not been using, and restarting, but that didn't solve the problem.)

Rich,

Mine works just fine and if also have the SR-7 installed. As a matter of fact, when I opened the LEB to check it out today, the rev int was already showing when the LEB opened. I clicked on the interlinear tab several times and it worked flawlessly.

Sorry that doesn't help you out, but it is working on my computer (at least currently)...Yes

Posts 1846
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:19 AM

I can confirm. Although, my old LEB lacks the interlinear, but the new LEB has it.

I'll file a bug report.

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:40 AM

Phil Gons:
I can confirm. Although, my old LEB lacks the interlinear, but the new LEB has it.

Thanks Phil.

After hiding (restarting) and noting what I noted before today, I unhid, restarted, but I still have no rev int with the LEB, nor can I find my second LEB in the Library. Although the Greek visual filters are working in the LEB, there is no option for sympathetic highlighting either.

Posts 1312
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:58 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Phil Gons:

Thanks Phil.

After hiding (restarting) and noting what I noted before today, I unhid, restarted, but I still have no rev int with the LEB, nor can I find my second LEB in the Library. Although the Greek visual filters are working in the LEB, there is no option for sympathetic highlighting either.

Hi Richard.

The LEB you should be using is LLS:LEB. The LEB you should hide is LLS:LEXBIBLE. You should be able to check the identifier via resource info.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:06 AM

Rick Brannan:
The LEB you should be using is LLS:LEB. The LEB you should hide is LLS:LEXBIBLE. You should be able to check the identifier via resource info.

Thanks Rick. Did that, and got my LEB rev int back.

But now my (correct) LEB doesn't have Visual Filters as an option. [sigh]

Posts 1312
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:11 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

I just applied a visual filter to LLS:LEB using the Logos morphology. Are you saying that you can't apply a visual filter? Or that your existing filters use LLS:LEXBIBLE so you need to recreate them?

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:20 AM

Rick Brannan:
I just applied a visual filter to LLS:LEB using the Logos morphology. Are you saying that you can't apply a visual filter? Or that your existing filters use LLS:LEXBIBLE so you need to recreate them?

The visual filters were applied before in the one had open.

What I'm saying now is that the little three-circle thingy (that's the technical term, right?) doesn't show  my visual filter as an option.

I have a one visual filters (creatively called "Basic Filters") that I apply to All Passages in All Resources with Logos Greek. The filter does show in the ESV, NASB, and NRSV (all rev int's), but not the LEB rev int.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:43 AM

One thing I did to help my confusion is to rename the "old" (LLS:LEXBIBLE) as "Lexham English Bible NI" so that in my library it is obvious which is which.

Chris

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:55 AM

Rick Brannan:

Richard DeRuiter:

Rick,

This is an issue I have too. I don't know if it is a bug or not.

I have several filters set to "Search NT in All resources with Logos Morphology" to highlight specific verb moods. In my ESV those visual filters are available under the "Visual Filter" thingy. In LLS:LEB they are not available. I thought LEB used Logos Morphology and that these would be available "automatically." They are in the NRSV, AV 1873, NASB & NKJV. Not in the KJV, but I'm not sure which morphology it uses.

Chris

Posts 1312
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:17 AM

Chris Elford:

Rick Brannan:

Richard DeRuiter:

Rick,

This is an issue I have too. I don't know if it is a bug or not.

I have several filters set to "Search NT in All resources with Logos Morphology" to highlight specific verb moods. In my ESV those visual filters are available under the "Visual Filter" thingy. In LLS:LEB they are not available. I thought LEB used Logos Morphology and that these would be available "automatically." They are in the NRSV, AV 1873, NASB & NKJV. Not in the KJV, but I'm not sure which morphology it uses.

Chris

Interesting. Every NT reverse interlinear at this point should use the same morphological scheme (some — NKJV, KJV (~ AV1873) on Scrivener's TR and ESV on its own slightly amended text) are based on slightly different underlying texts, but the scheme is the same). The Apostolic Fathers uses this scheme too.

Using SR7 and the latest resources -- at home, so I don't think I have any in-development versions here -- a visual filter for Verbs in Logos morph works on all reverse interlinears but the KJV (specifically, LLS:KJV1900) and the Apostolic Fathers. So I have highlighting of this visual filter in NRSV, ESV, AV1873, NASB, LEB and NKJV. It doesn't show up for either KJV (LLS:KJV1900) or Lake's Apostolic Fathers. Below is a shot of what I'm seeing:

We'll have to look into the NT portions of the KJV1900 reverse interlinear and Apostolic Fathers to figure out what's going on (unless Bradley has a silver bullet for me).

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:27 AM

Rick,

Here's a screen shot of one of my filters, LEX with the Visual Filter menu - note: no option for NT Verbs - Indicative (or any of my other verbal filters) and AV and NASB showing the filters. (Red highlighting added by Snipit, not Logos.)

Chris

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:13 PM

Rick Brannan:
Using SR7 and the latest resources -- at home, so I don't think I have any in-development versions here -- a visual filter for Verbs in Logos morph works on all reverse interlinears but the KJV

Yesterday I had the LEB working just fine with rev int and visual filters. This morning I opened a Layout I hadn't used in a while and noticed the problem with the LEB I noted above. At that time, though the LEB did not show an interlinear, it was showing the visual filters. (!)

Later I hid the wrong LEB (restarted), unhid it (restarted), hid the correct LEB (restarted 2X) and now don't see either the visual filters, nor the option to open it.

Is it possible that something happened in closing and reopening that confused the index, or rev int database for these resources? Might I have to force a rebuild of the rev int index (either at C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\2e2k45uv.psv\ReverseInterlinearManager; or at C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\2e2k45uv.psv\ResourceManager\ReverseInterlinear; or some other location?)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS