USCCB Catechism of the Catholic Church - Any way to use outside the U.S.?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Joseph T. Richardson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 31 2012 8:11 PM

Hi, I'm a satisfied user of the Logos Catholic Catechism package -- but I have a friend who lives in Australia who wants to use it, too, but apparently there is a copyright issue with the USCCB that prevents the Catechism's being sold outside the U.S. Is any effort being made to deal with this, or is there any way for my friend to purchase and use this legally? Thanks.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 10:34 PM

Welcome to the forums! Glad your enjoying Logos. Your best bet is to call Logos, they would have the most accurate copyright info. You could then pass the information on to your friend.

Posts 27
Andrew Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2012 8:38 AM

Copyright for the CCC is controlled by the various bishops' conferences. The USCCB controls the copyright for the United States and has given us permission to produce and sell the work. We are working on solutions for international sales-- Hopefully, soon!

Posts 13358
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 10:42 AM

Joseph T. Richardson:

Hi, I'm a satisfied user of the Logos Catholic Catechism package -- but I have a friend who lives in Australia who wants to use it, too, but apparently there is a copyright issue with the USCCB that prevents the Catechism's being sold outside the U.S. Is any effort being made to deal with this, or is there any way for my friend to purchase and use this legally? Thanks.

Overseas users are currently able to purchase the Catechism buy buying the Catholic bundle. It's $79.95, but if you have Verbum you should get a good discount for already owning some of the volumes: http://www.logos.com/product/28198/catholic-studies-bundle-s

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS