Deleting Logos (Macarthur) Install???

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:44 PM

I Installed Logos 4 on a brand new spanking laptop. Just got it as a early Christmas present for Logos 4. So I do not have Logos 3 installed when I started to install L4. I had to install the MacArthur Lifeworks #1 with commentaries and this installed a old version of L3.  My question is do I have to leave this old version of L3 on my laptop to have access to the MacArthur books or did L4 copy and port them over? Is it now safe to delete this old L3?

In case your wondering my spiffy new laptop is a Hp Pavillion with 17" screen

I7 Processor at 1.66Ghz

6 Gigs DDR3 Memory

500 Gig Hard Drive

Geforce 230M Video Card with 1 Gigabyte Dedicated Video Memory

The amazing Blessing is that my atheist dad financed this laptop for me as my Christmas present the day after I confirmed with tech support that my old laptops video card would spit up and have seizures trying to run L4.

God is soooooooooo good to me and I praise Him.

Thanks for your help everyone, your great.

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 27036
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:23 PM

GlennFinch:
I Installed Logos 4 on a brand new spanking laptop. Just got it as a early Christmas present for Logos 4. So I do not have Logos 3 installed when I started to install L4. I had to install the MacArthur Lifeworks #1 with commentaries and this installed a old version of L3.  My question is do I have to leave this old version of L3 on my laptop to have access to the MacArthur books or did L4 copy and port them over? Is it now safe to delete this old L3?

If L3 now works with the commentary just Synchronise licences and that should prompt the L4 server to download it. When you have it in L4 you can delete L3. If nothing happens for a while then you may ring Support with your serial number to activate the licence.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 55
Glenn F | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 12:37 AM

Many Thanks, I will give it  a try.

HP DV7-3085dx Laptop, Intel i7 @ 1.6 Ghz, 6 Gigs of DDR3 memory, GeForce 230M Video with 1 Gig memory, 500 Gig HD, 17" Display, Windows 7

Scholars Platinum.

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 9:15 AM

GlennFinch:

In case your wondering my spiffy new laptop is a Hp Pavillion with 17" screen

I7 Processor at 1.66Ghz

6 Gigs DDR3 Memory

500 Gig Hard Drive

Geforce 230M Video Card with 1 Gigabyte Dedicated Video Memory

I must repeat to myself, "covetousness is a sin...covetousness is a sin..."

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS