Bible Text Only

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
John Gowans | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 6:18 PM

Is there a way to view Bible text as the  "Bible Text Only" Function in Logos 3 allowed?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 6:27 PM

JohnGowans:

Is there a way to view Bible text as the  "Bible Text Only" Function in Logos 3 allowed?

I don't think so. The closest I could come is putting a large reference in the CBV, but It seemed to have a limit of one chapter, so you would have to change the reference to the next chapter all the time.

Posts 1846
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:54 PM

JohnGowans:

You could use the Text Comparison tool and just "compare" one version. :)

Posts 1692
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 2:53 PM

Bible Text Only is coming as a visual filter, soon. I've seen it working!

Posts 2
J. Michael Cunningham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 1:52 PM

That is great news.  The sooner the better.

Posts 2934
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 2:00 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Bible Text Only is coming as a visual filter, soon. I've seen it working!

So is this with no numbers? That would be awesome! Please let us print it with visual filters enabled like this. I love to be able to have a markup version on paper triple spaced to jot down my initial work.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 6:10 AM

Jacob Hantla:
So is this with no numbers?
No, sadly there are still verse numbers attached.  I think those need to disappear too.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2934
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:21 AM

Thomas Black:

Jacob Hantla:
So is this with no numbers?
No, sadly there are still verse numbers attached.  I think those need to disappear too.

Logos, please count this as an official request for a visual filter or report of some sort to full the chapter and verse numbers out of the text. I manually do this often after I copy and paste it to Word. I know of a number of people who do this as well. 

Perhaps removing all text in a <sup></sup> tag would be sufficient to do this (along with removing footnote tags which I would be ok with. Anybody have any ideas of how to do that?

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:28 AM

Jacob Hantla:
Logos, please count this as an official request for a visual filter or report of some sort to full the chapter and verse numbers out of the text. I manually do this often after I copy and paste it to Word. I know of a number of people who do this as w

Why don't you create a CBV style that doesn't include verse numbers instead of manually removing them?

(Also, the "Bible Text Only" (4.0a Beta3) works like it did in L3: one verse per line, not in paragraph format. Now I remember why I never used it in L3.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 1:37 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Why don't you create a CBV style that doesn't include verse numbers instead of manually removing them?
I'm glad you suggested that, I was going to do the same.  In fact this is my most used style.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2934
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:03 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Because I didn't think of it. Stick out tongue. If somebody's already created a good one can you post it here. Otherwise, study I begin, I'll make one and post.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 2934
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:47 AM

Ok...I'm an idiot. They actually have "Bible Text Only" as one of the copy styles. I have wasted so much time, but I am now extremely grateful that this thread made me look for it.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:44 AM

Bob Pritchett:
Bible Text Only is coming as a visual filte

Is it by design that this mode only shows verse-by-verse and not in paragraphs.  I would like a mode that stripped out the footnotes but left the text in paragraphs.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 11:14 AM

Ken F Hill:

Bob Pritchett:
Bible Text Only is coming as a visual filte

Is it by design that this mode only shows verse-by-verse and not in paragraphs.  I would like a mode that stripped out the footnotes but left the text in paragraphs.

Exactly.  I would like that as well. Yes

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 5
Mark Sutton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 12:13 PM

I just got updated on the Logos 4 I installed a few days ago.  Now the Visual filter has a "text only" possibility.

Posts 27927
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 12:50 AM

Ken F Hill:
I would like a mode that stripped out the footnotes but left the text in paragraphs.

And I would still like sentences not verses.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:41 AM

MJ. Smith:

Ken F Hill:
I would like a mode that stripped out the footnotes but left the text in paragraphs.

And I would still like sentences not verses.

With nary a verse nor chapter number in sight.

Check the Wiki

Posts 2934
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 11:07 AM

Yes, thanks Logos for this visual filter. As I've said before, and am echoing sentiments of others, can this be updated to include text only (no verse #s).

I appreciate your responsiveness.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 2:47 PM

I wish that the spacing would be the same when you copy a text only passage with ctrl-C and paste it into Word as it looks in the panel.  A couple of blank lines between the lines may have taken care of the problem.

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:21 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Yes, thanks Logos for this visual filter. As I've said before, and am echoing sentiments of others, can this be updated to include text only (no verse #s).

I appreciate your responsiveness.

Is this still being considered..... hiding verse numbers would be a great addition...

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS