You guys are doing amazing work!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Glen Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:23 PM

Hi Biblia development folk,

Just want to say that you've done an amazing job of Biblia.com. I'm a long time Logos user, but only recently discovered Biblia and it's just perfect for when I'm on the go. Super fast, links all my existing content, syncs what I'm up to, and a really nicely executed piece of web work to boot. As a web developer, I've been just astounded at what you've been able to pull off in a browser!

Inspiring stuff! Please pass onto to your dev team that they totally rock!

Glen.

Posts 8648
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:38 AM

I have to agree. Yes I run to Biblia often in my Chromebook.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 6668
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:43 AM

Welcome to the forums Glen. More and more parts of Logos are being moved to sync 2, so that where you left off on the desktop, is available in Biblia and mobile apps right away.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 3246
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:47 AM

Call me a nay sayer, but while Biblia is a good, infant start, could be so much better.  Simple things just as notes and highlights should not be that hard to implement.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 8648
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:05 AM

David Taylor Jr:
Simple things just as notes and highlights should not be that hard to implement.
Do you code?

Posts 3246
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:13 AM

TCBlack:

David Taylor Jr:
Simple things just as notes and highlights should not be that hard to implement.
Do you code?

No, BUT I do know there are several other sites who offer these features and they aren't even for profit comanies.  Should not be hard to implement.  If they can sync the libraries and locations in books, notes and highlights should not be difficult.

How to upload logs

Posts 8648
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:30 AM

Fair enough response to my overly terse question David. I used to code (BASIC (don't laugh at me) HTML, CSS and just enough Java to hurt myself) more than I do now, which is almost not at all. But my very limited experience is that it's never just a few lines of code.

That said the improvements to sync that you mention also includes handles to enable the same data on the web. Given the ammount of time and complexity invovled from going from sync to sync v2 I would expect that they have taken the biblia website into consideration. 

Recently (Biblia Development?) Bob mentioned that the code to do highlighting on biblia is not there yet.  I am intrigued and hopeful at the use of the word "yet". 

Posts 3246
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:34 AM

We are all hoping and waiting. Smile

How to upload logs

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS