Bug: Logos crashing on startup

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:07 PM

Installed the latest beta while trying to update an expired version of Mcafee. Mcafee is still not downloading.

The software installed, but crashes shortly after the logo comes up.

Will restart and see if this solves the problem.

2806.Logos4.log

4341.Logos4Crash.txt

6330.Logos4Error.log

3343.DigitalLibraryInstall.log

6114.Logos4Indexer.log

4745.logos4setup.log

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

The log shows a "FileNotFoundException" but doesn't indicate which file isn't found. Please try to Repair Logos 4 in "Programs and Features" in "Control Panel" and see if that helps.

Posts 14
David Warren Knight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:08 PM

Same report here - crashes on startup.  Tried the repair, but still has the same behavior.

Posts 14
David Warren Knight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:11 PM

Just went so far as to uninstall Logos and reinstall Beta 3 from scratch, but still failed on startup.

Posts 4563
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:21 PM

I'm just installed the update and getting the same crash

4747.Logos4Crash.zip

Posts 4563
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:28 PM

I tried repairing from the programs and features screen. That did not fix the problem. I also tried starting Logos without being connected to the internet; same result. This release renders Logos unusuable

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:30 PM

Same crash here...

Posts 21639
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 1:19 AM

I am seeing the same problem.

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 4:59 AM

Has anyone found a work around?

I have been beta testing since 2005, and this is the first time that I have been unable to use the software. First time that I do not have a backup version of L4 on the same machine. So I am locked out. Lots of firsts. Cool

Fortunately, I can still access my resources via biblia.com and mobile platform. Thanks for the one lisence, many platforms philosophy Logos.

I'll just sit back and wait for Beta 4 to fix the problem. Wink

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:15 AM

Graham Criddle:
I am seeing the same problem.

Me, too.

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 4563
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:16 AM

Lynden Williams:

Has anyone found a work around?

Unfortunately no. I tried deleting L4 from my computer and then reinstalling the beta from scratch but that did not work either. This is a broken beta. Fortunately I have a backup from my netbook and can reload from there.

Posts 10
Dave Nisly | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:55 AM

I am also experiencing the same problem with Win7Pro... tried rebooting and running repair. No success. Will be interested in a workaround.

Dave Nisly

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:08 AM

Hope they fix this soon. Without iPad & Biblia, I'd be dead in the water.

Posts 4563
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:15 AM

I'm back in business after installing from a backup of beta 2 from my netbook. Not meaning to rub anything in but wanted to once gain publicly thank Dave Hooton for his instaling on multiple computers page on the wiki. That has saved me a lot of time a trouble a number of times over the years.

As a side note when broken betas have gone out before Logos is usually pretty quick to fix it. Very often the next day. 

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:24 AM

Fredc:
As a side note when broken betas have gone out before Logos is usually pretty quick to fix it. Very often the next day. 

That is why I expect them to probably give a fix today, if they can solve the problem. Don't plan on installing the stable version, will wait.

Posts 4563
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:34 AM

Lynden Williams:

Fredc:

That is why I expect them to probably give a fix today, if they can solve the problem. Don't plan on installing the stable version, will wait.

Agreed. I usually keep a back-up of a stable version and the latest tested beta (in this case 4.6 beta 2) for that very reason. I would not think this would be too difficult to diagnose and fix.

Posts 852
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:01 AM

Here is the error message I got. I cannot start up Logos at all - it just keeps shutting down :(

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: logos4.exe

Problem Signature 02: 4.60.0.2889

Problem Signature 03: 50294ff1

Problem Signature 04: Logos4

Problem Signature 05: 4.60.0.2889

Problem Signature 06: 50294ff1

Problem Signature 07: 23f

Problem Signature 08: 10b

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1037

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 11:12 AM

Would someone at Logos please let us know what's going on with this?

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 11:42 AM

For those users who report experiencing the issue and have not yet done so, please post your full diagnostic logs.  

It would also be helpful if we could get a crash dump file.  
Lynden, since we have your full logs, if you get a chance to collect a crash dump file as well, that would be greatly appreciated.  
Thanks! 

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS