Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 77
Ray Timmermans | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:52 AM

I'd appreciate it if there was an obvious place which says which version of Logos Bible are for which version of Android. I have Android 2.1 and none of the updates seem to work.

I would also like to know what is the latest version of Bible for MY version of Android so I can download just that one. I get "Parse error" message when I try to install later versions Thanks.

Ray Timmermans

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 18 2012 2:18 PM

Just from experience...

The Logos app 1.1.3 is the last version that worked for me on Android 2.1 (I'm using a rooted Nook Simple Touch). 

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:58 PM

Ray Timmermans:
I'd appreciate it if there was an obvious place which says which version of Logos Bible are for which version of Android. I have Android 2.1 and none of the updates seem to work.

The update thread  (xxxxx 2.0.9 released) or the FAQ thread have this information, but v1 apps suit  Android 2.1 and earlier (?) whilst v2 is for Android 2.2 and later.

EDIT:  the FAQ thread needs to be updated as it states Android 2.1 or later!!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 77
Ray Timmermans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 19 2012 5:58 PM

Dave Hooton:

EDIT:  the FAQ thread needs to be updated as it states Android 2.1 or later!!

My point exactly, Dave! But beyond that, I'd like to know where I can find "Logos" or "Bible" in version 1.1.3 in a download APK. Nothing else work for my Android. It is nowhere listed that I can tell

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 19 2012 8:29 PM

Here, let's see if I can host this old apk for you to download.  Sendspace is free, so don't sign up for anything, just look for the link on this page:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/92784c

Posts 77
Ray Timmermans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 19 2012 9:12 PM

Thanks Steve. That seemed to do the trick. I hope Logos starts saving a place for old versions. It would help

Ray

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 7:17 PM

Ray Timmermans:

Thanks Steve. That seemed to do the trick. I hope Logos starts saving a place for old versions. It would help

Ray

Watch out for update notifications because i've had it update from 1.1.3 to the latest v2 against my wishes  (you may be OK as I'm using Android 2.3!).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 77
Ray Timmermans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2012 4:35 PM

Dave Hooton:

Watch out for update notifications because i've had it update from 1.1.3 to the latest v2 against my wishes  (you may be OK as I'm using Android 2.3!).

Dave,

I got the upgrade notices too, but since I have 2.1 it couldn't "parse" the unpack of the APK file so it didn't affect my current version. I do hope Logos creates upgrades for Android 2.1 users (and lets us know!)

Posts 7
Andrew Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:37 AM

Could you upload this again? I just got a rooted Nook touch, and I can't find the 1.1.3 apk anywhere  . . . Thanks!

Posts 327
LogosEmployee
David Schwegler (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:24 AM

Andrew Lee:

Could you upload this again? I just got a rooted Nook touch, and I can't find the 1.1.3 apk anywhere  . . . Thanks!

For the Nook/Android 2.1 devices, please use the 1.1.4 version currently hosted rather than a 1.1.3 version, as it will avoid notifying you of updates which you cannot install, and will prevent confusion (the early release of 1.1.4 had a bug, but that was fixed and re-released, so the current 1.1.4 version will work fine). 

It is available from the stable webpage: http://downloads.logos.com/Android/Logos/stable/index.html

Note that we do not officially support Android 2.1, so we cannot guarantee the app's lifetime on that platform.

Posts 7
Andrew Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:29 AM

Great! Thanks. I did find that the 1.1.4 version works.

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:16 PM

I just rooted my nook and I also can't have the updated logos app. The first link is dead and the second link now points to the new logos apk. Anybody know where I can download it?

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 6:17 AM

Andrew Lee:

Here's the permanent link:

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6221456_1947101_472212

I actually got the 1.1.4 version to work fine, but I put up 1.1.3 in case anyone's interested.

Nevermind, just found a link to the old version. 

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 6:30 PM

And just in case the above link doesn't work in the future, and others in my situation come across this forum post, here's a link to my public dropbox backup of this file. If that doesn't work, send me a pm.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3361883/Logos-43.apk

Posts 12
Kevin M. Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:53 PM

I need this file... Dapazz@earthlink.net. 

Posts 4
John Southwick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 6:45 PM

Hey,

Thinking of getting a nook simple touch and rooting it - primarily for reading books in my logos library. Does the 43 apk - ver 1.1.3 still work with no problems on a rooted nook? If I downloaded resources from my library - even updated current resources from logos 5 - will they work on this version?

Many thanks,

John 

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 3:15 PM

John Southwick:
Thinking of getting a nook simple touch and rooting it - primarily for reading books in my logos library. Does the 43 apk - ver 1.1.3 still work with no problems on a rooted nook?

John,

I think the answer is Yes. But there are many threads about Nook (and rooted ones) if you Google for:-

Nook  site:community.logos.com/forums

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:23 AM

John Southwick:

If I downloaded resources from my library - even updated current resources from logos 5 - will they work on this version?

No. The old version of the app APK 43 (ver 1.1.3) will not open most current / updated resources. They will show up in the library list but attempting to open them will result in an error message.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS