Logos.com: product heading to show what base packages include it

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:10 AM

would it not be beneficial for Logos.com product descriptions to clearly indicate what base packages include that product?  For instance, in a recent riveting discussion of L4 vs. [unnamed rival software], "HALOT" mentioned.  I wondered if I had it (I didn't think I did, though I have Platinum--which includes BDAG which is sometimes bundled with HALOT).  I searched Logos.com for it.  I wanted to quickly know: would it be in Portfolio? 

Of course I could go to the product comparison chart, and probably HALOT would be easy to find--assuming it is in a base package.  But think of how many other books/products one might browse, think of purchasing, but then realize without much fuss that it is in a base package.  And then realize that base package has other works you were browsing.  It might make the decision to invest in an upgraded package much easier.

If he reads this, I am sure Phillip Spitzer (the "pointy one" . . . a loose paraphrase of the meaning of his surname in German) could produce a nice graphic showing how this might look on Logos.com . . .

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:23 AM

You're right, the website could use a bit of an overhaul/update. I guess there are other priorities!?!  Some of the products say which collection(s) they are included in, most don't. Perhaps this could be updated. I have on occasion wanted to purchase a book which I realized I already owned! If this info had been put on the web page, I wouldn't have almost bought the book twice. (I shouldn't need to check my collection each time I purchase!)

Thanks for listening Logos as always!

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:26 AM

Daniel DeVilder:
would it not be beneficial for Logos.com product descriptions to clearly indicate what base packages include that product?

Your wish is our command. We already have that in place for most of the downloadable products, there are just a few more of the third party products and very new products that haven't been finished yet.

Do a search for a bunch of downloadable titles that you know are in your base package, like Bibles, and take a look at the bottom of the page in the middle section and you'll see something like this:

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:28 AM

Wow! That was fast! Thanks!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:47 AM

Dan,

Any chance we could get meta-data tags that tell us the same thing from within our library? 

Book A would be tagged, Scholars Platinum (LE), Scholars Gold (LE), Scholars Gold (RA) etc...

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 9:08 AM

Thomas Black:

Dan,

Any chance we could get meta-data tags that tell us the same thing from within our library? 

Book A would be tagged, Scholars Platinum (LE), Scholars Gold (LE), Scholars Gold (RA) etc...

Now you're talkin'! I had toyed with the idea of doing this myself, then realized how much work it would be.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 9:12 AM

Thomas Black:

Not that I need to know, just out of curiosity...   Wink once it is in your library, it is in YOUR library. Why would you want to know which package you bought it in? 

So, here's the solution: write suggest@logos.com and we'll see how popular that is, and if Bob wants to do it.

The sneaky, back door, you didn't hear this from me, plan would be to have a handful of people on the forums get together and all tag the books with the exact same tag.  That's all I can say about that before I get into trouble...

Indifferent

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 9:54 AM

Dan Pritchett:

Your wish is our command. We already have that in place for most of the downloadable products, there are just a few more of the third party products and very new products that haven't been finished yet.

Do a search for a bunch of downloadable titles that you know are in your base package, like Bibles, and take a look at the bottom of the page in the middle section and you'll see something like this:

Hey Dan, I see that, and thank you for already being a step ahead of my request!

I realize you are still working on completing it, but a few observations:

• when I look up individual NAC's I see they are shown to "be available in . .  ." but the whole set of NAC is not so listed.  Perhaps because it is advertised as a boxed set.  But, if a person was looking at the set, and not individually, he/she would not know they are in a base package.
  • BDAG was not listed in a base package (that I could see), even though I now own it after upgrading from L3 gold to L4 Platinum.

I looked up only a few other resources, but those are some of the "incompletions" I noticed.

Perhaps a cooler way to depict their base package availability would be to have it graphically illustrated near the top of the product page (for easy identification).  Perhaps the easiest way to depict it would be to single out how that product would be graphically depicted in a base package comparison chart.  Ie, isolate that resource row (ie, BDAG . . . . . . [ check marked--or not--under each base package column]).  Basically a condensed comparison chart for just that product and its presence or absence in each package.  Ya feel me?  :)

Regardless, I see the info will eventually be included.  I think it will prove helpful.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 10:40 AM

Dan Pritchett:
Not that I need to know, just out of curiosity... Wink once it is in your library, it is in YOUR library. Why would you want to know which package you bought it in?
Partially out of raw curiosity.  Partially out of working with these forums e.g. someone says I have Leaders library, why don't I have X"  I can check real fast if they should have X. (of course so could they...)  And partially because I can.   It might serve better as a collection though....

Dan Pritchett:
So, here's the solution: write suggest@logos.com and we'll see how popular that is, and if Bob wants to do it.
OK.  I thought the forums were just as good....

Dan Pritchett:
The sneaky, back door, you didn't hear this from me, plan would be to have a handful of people on the forums get together and all tag the books with the exact same tag. That's all I can say about that before I get into trouble...
That sounds almost like the Community Tagging that Bob mentioned in passing ...

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5127
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:52 PM

Not sure if your question about HALOT was answered or not...so "yes" it is in the Portfolio, because I have it, but it isn't in Platinum, even though BGAD is.

Btw, you can download the comparison chart as a pdf file.  If you search for Portfolio, and find that chart (some charts I noticed don't have the Portfolio listed), at the top there is the pdf link.  Just save to disk.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS