Question on Notes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:37 AM

Before I start using notes in L4 I have a number of questions:

1)  Is there a performance hit for creating one huge note file as there was in earlier versions?

2) I noticed that it is possible to place notes in all sorts of thing in L4. Do all these default to the same note file? Is there an advantage to maintaining multiple note files for say bibles and passage guide?

3) Are passage guide notes tied to a specific PG search or to a range of verses. For example say I added a not to a PG for John 16:1-4. Would it show up only if I did a PG on John 16:1-4 or a PG on John 16:1-20 as well?

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 12:18 AM

Keith, I responded to Tom, speaking from Logos 3, and he had some similar questions: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5355/41781.aspx#41781

For your question #1, no, I have not seen an unmanageable performance hit in Logos 3, so I expect the same in Logos 4 once annotation notes are supported (see .  My Annotation note file in Logos 3 for the NASB is 2.26 MB.  And I can read it in Excel (Excel sees it as an XML file) where I can further manipulate.  And I can edit it in a good text editor and after saving Logos 3 can read it just fine.  I'm hoping Logos 4 will retain these capabilities..

For your question #2, I think it makes the most sense to have one annotation note file for a given Bible.  It is easier to manage one file for the whole Bible than to manage one file for each book of the Bible, for sure.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:54 AM

Thanks Tom,

This is good news. I pretty much gave up on Logos notes back in Version 2 and have rarely used them. I have been maintaining a different note files for different books of the bible. Started this in L2 and it became so difficult to work with that I just gave up. I am really to try it again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS