Indexing

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Gary Behrns | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 23 2012 8:16 AM

New to mac.  have download all 2955 resources.  went well.  however, i have been indexing since yesterday.  mac turned off over night.  does that mean indexing restarted?  also on pc i had the little icon that showed me what percentage was indexed.  can't find anything like that on mac.  is there such a thing?  how long should this take.  it's a 2.7 ghz i7 machine with 4 gb memory?  tks.

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 8:45 AM

Hey Gary! Welcome to the forums (and to Mac)! Smile

Did you turn off the computer? The indexer would not cause the computer to shut down. When Logos is indexing, there is a little icon in the upper right corner of your monitor, to the left of the clock, wifi indicator, etc.

As for the indexing, it does take a long time. What are your hard drive specs? Most importantly, is it an SSD or regular HDD? 

When the indexing process is halted, it should resume where it left off (if that is your concern). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Gary Behrns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 12:11 PM

i closed the lid on the computer.  i restarted the computer and the blue logos icon is now there.  i guess it is really indexing now.  tks a bunch.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 8:44 PM

Welcome Big Smile

May want to change Energy Saver settings while indexing so monitor can sleep but computer never sleeps.  Logos 4 Mac indexing can take hours (e.g. my 2.93 GHz i7 took ~14 hours to fully index my library last month, which has 19.7 GB of Resource files).

Restarting Mac before indexing has completely merged causes indexing to start over.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2012 8:59 AM

I did a fresh install (newest beta) on a new MacBook Pro Retina. Logos looks very nice!

BUT: Logos is indexing since yesterday. For about 7 hours the icon shows "Logos Bible Software is indexing (99% complete). Is there any chance that the indexer will complete its job this month? Shall I wait?

I wonder whether the Logos people will ever solve those annoying indexing problems and inconveniences.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS