Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 39
Bill Garner | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 27 2012 1:59 PM

I am the Tech Dir for our church. We are looking at Proclaim & 1 high point we saw is the apparent ability for pastor/MoM/tech to collaborate on the Presentation. Help me please visualizing how this would work under the licensing system. It may be simple.

As I see it, each of us (3) would have Proclaim on our personal PCs + a copy on my "Booth" PC where Sound & Video are. {Total = 4 computers} Each weeks' Presentation would be named separately in Cloud. Once complete the Presentation would be sent ON AIR from my Booth PC to sanctuary projectors.

Now if I understand correctly, it is not the individual computer that is licensed but the Presentation itself. Is that right? We are collaborating, "building" the Presentation while on Cloud servers. The ON AIR allows us to Output the Presentation, correct? So even tho' we do not need it, pastor could take his laptop to our Fellowship Hall 2 days later & project the Presentation again via his laptop?

In actuality I only need 1 computer to have ON AIR capability - the "Booth" PC. But the big PLUS of Proclaim is the ability for multiple log ons. Which means central storage on the Cloud & not 1 computer. Can you help me with this please

When I make my final choice I need state Pros & Cons.

thx

Bill Garner  Tech Dir FBC Port Aransas, TX

Posts 4711
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2012 3:35 PM

Hi Bill

I am not sure how to help you! You seem to have explained the situation quite clearly.

What was the question again?

Posts 1696
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:24 AM

The "On Air" license is for the group. So as many people as you'd like can collaborate in one group, and any one of the accounts in that group can go "On Air" at any time.

You can actually test almost all of this even before purchasing; you can go on air with a watermark from any of the computers (accounts) connected to the group; the on air license simply takes away the on air watermark for presentations in the licensed group.

Posts 18
Lathan Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:15 PM

Bill - you can "test drive" the entire thing without paying...and when you go "on air" there is a watermark over the presentation.  However, it will allow you to evaluate the system, and its functionality...and demo it for those who need to "see" to grasp. 

Yes, collaboration is across-platform - I don't think you even have to name them separately.  You would have to de-conflict some to keep someone from changing as someone else is changing.  Or...simply assign specific areas where individuals are "allowed" to build and work in the presentation...since it is all real-time in the cloud (at least as I understand it) - changes would pop into another's workspace as they are working...definitely something to test.  This is one of the primary reasons we are moving to Proclaim - my people can work anywhere (with connectivity) without having to purchase site-licenses for the program!  And...should you suffer computer problems...any computer you hook to your screens should be able to drive the presentation - which helps for those sudden power-spikes that take down laptops (yeah...even through the voltage and surge protection units - spike traveled through projector into D-Sub and into graphics card on laptop...yike).

We are just getting into Proclaim - I am coming from a Mediashout background - and I am liking what Proclaim does.  Still some limitations - no DVD, no WWW, limited control on fonts and transitions - but all in all, VERY nice! 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS