New to Proclaim - Concerned about crashes during service

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Lathan Hill | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:09 AM

Hello - I am new to Proclaim, just signed up and ordered first year.  We are in midst of upgrading the video portion of our services to include song lyric presentation.  I am concerned with the number of "crash" reports DURING service I have seen, most seeming due to internet problems...

Here is my question...I thought Proclaim "resided" on your computer after you logged in, so that if there was an internet problem, you wouldn't lose the "show" part, just the connectivity functions...is that so?

Also, as we get more involved, are there techniques we should use to "help" the system and limit crashes?

Also - when you experienced crashes during service, what backup (if any) did you have ready, or how long did it take you to recover Proclaim and the show...

Is being "wired" vs. Wifi recommended?  We are currently wifi with our system, but have the capability to go wired...simply run a single cat-5...

Thanks...Leo

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:52 AM

While there have been several reports of such crashes, they remain quite rare compared to our total usership. I wouldn't worry unduly about that.

Yes, it is always preferable to wire directly to the web rather than to use Wifi. 

The presentations reside on the presentation computer, but there are some web-enabled components that have caused trouble in the past. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 18
Lathan Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:41 PM

Hunter,

Thanks for your reply.  Is there a list or site somewhere that discusses known "troublemakers"...apps or components that cause real problems...from some other posts, there appears to be some problems with specific video codex packs...do ya'll have a good handle on which specific ones yet?  I loaded the KLite pack, which has multiple codex's...any known problems with those?

Posts 1
Daniel Irving | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:05 AM

I spent a bit of time on the phone with Proclaim folks. On Sunday we had proclaim up and running at 7 am to go through some test runs as it was our first Sunday using it. It worked like a champ... until 10:55 minutes before the service started. Then it crashed three times during worship. 

I talked with Proclaim and they did a remote assistant and looked at the crash logs. Looks like the RAM memory cache was overloaded due to it going on and on for 4 hours straight. They recommended a computer restart about an hour to 30 minutes before worship begins to clear out the RAM and make it fresh for service. 

So there's a thought for Sunday. 

its pretty RAM heavy so make sure you don't have a bunch of other programs up and running at the same time as well.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS