Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Mike Finnie MAR, Theology | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:02 PM

spent a few hours highlighting important concepts in a book.  discovered an update was available for the ipad after I quit reading.  ran the update and all highlights are now gone.  must re-read the chapters and take notes the old fashioned way i suppose.  is this a glitch or am I just unlucky?

Posts 27554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:27 PM

Mike Finnie:
spent a few hours highlighting important concepts in a book.  discovered an update was available for the ipad after I quit reading.  ran the update and all highlights are now gone.  must re-read the chapters and take notes the old fashioned way i suppose.  is this a glitch or am I just unlucky?

Sorry Mike. My guess is that the highlights didn't have a chance to sync to the servers. Sometimes you have to force a sync by killing the app in the multitask bar.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 1:11 AM

Sometimes there is a time span after a re-install of the application before all the metadata and highlightings are synced. Did you give it enough time?

Bohuslav

Posts 26
Mike Finnie MAR, Theology | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 4:57 AM

I suspect you are correct.  It must not have been able to sync.  lesson learned, I guess.  thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS