Page 2 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 96 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 7:51 PM | Locked

Damian McGrath:
I still don't know why these tools are automatically set to follow when triggered by a right-click.

I agree.  This really needs to be changed.  I don't know how many times I've lost the data I looked up.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 7:51 PM | Locked

Crashed twice while opening 4000 questions from tabbed library.

EDIT: Seems to crash every time I open any resource, either from a tab or drop down menu. Also crashed with TSK from PG.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:24 PM | Locked

sniff sniff...didn't take your advised and saved over my 4.0. I have not been able to open any resources

EDIT: I was able to open 1000 Images

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:47 PM | Locked

I turned off visual bookmarks, and the existing ones disappeared, however, as I use books, new ones continue to show up. 

If I turn it back on the old ones reappear in addition to the new ones. 

If I turn it off again they are all gone again, but the usage of a book still creates new ones.

This doesn't seem right.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2454
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:57 PM | Locked

I like the improvements to the topics and interesting words in the PG although it looks cool, finding words is a bit more difficult. The cited by window is a good idea and being able to select which collections are included is wonderful. I like how quickly it populated and then moved to the search window for larger hits. I found this loading much faster that 4.0. All in all I find the improvements outstanding. The f9 explain this ... is not useful to me, but may be to new users...

Keep up the great work.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 9:10 PM | Locked

Bryan Albert:

Logos 4.0a Beta Testing Guidelines

Important Information

If you don’t have a separate computer for testing, consider creating a new Windows user account for beta testing. Install the beta under that account, keeping the stable version on your regular Windows account. You can still log in with the same logos.com email and password to share your licenses and settings between the two accounts. You should not share Resources folders, as 4.0a may download resources that can only be read by 4.0a, which would corrupt your 4.0 installation.

Bryan,

How can I figure out how much disk space will be required? Will it duplicate all my 4.0 resources? I'm not sure I have enough disk space on my c: drive to handle a complete duplication, plus profile space. I realize it will depend on my license level, but is there a way to calculate it?

Thanks,

Chris

Posts 1440
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 10:32 PM | Locked

Is it OK if I upgrade to Beta on one PC but keep the other PC at 4.0 SR-7 (both PC's using the same Logos account to log in)?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:45 AM | Locked

Just to updated on my woes, I can run just about anything and all then information is displayed, but I can't open any of the resources except the media resources. For instance I can open the text comparison, no problem, but I can't open the NKJV; L4 freezes. In the Passage guide if I click on the topic the topical shows up underneath, and the popup has the proper content, but if I click on the topic L4 just freezes. Any ideas? do I need to send logs and if so holding down CTRL while opening the program records it, right? Where is it then located? I miss my L4. I don't want to turn to L3 :-(

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:49 AM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:

Just to updated on my woes, I can run just about anything and all then information is displayed, but I can't open any of the resources except the media resources. For instance I can open the text comparison, no problem, but I can't open the NKJV; L4 freezes. In the Passage guide if I click on the topic the topical shows up underneath, and the popup has the proper content, but if I click on the topic L4 just freezes. Any ideas? do I need to send logs and if so holding down CTRL while opening the program records it, right? Where is it then located? I miss my L4. I don't want to turn to L3 :-(

Are you not willing to try a reinstall?

I have to....... because the mutliple user thing royally stuffed my install. 

What I also now know is that uninstalling deletes the index and resource files.... I'm in the midst of copying everything from my netbook....

Just think Philip - with a new Beta and so many woes, you'll hit 2000 in no time :)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:13 AM | Locked

I officially acknowledge my addiction. Hi. My name is Philip Spitzer and I'm a Logaholic.

I couldn't stay away for a day.

As soon as the new beta came, I rushed to it, throwing caution to the wind.

I'm reinstalling L4.0a, which means a 9.7 gig download.

And the worst is, I'm wishing the new download meter (which I like by the way) updated in decimal increments so I didn't have to wait so long for the number to change.

Sigh........

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:32 AM | Locked

Philip,

I assume the Beta was released in the private forum for a reason:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4278/42252.aspx#42252

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:35 AM | Locked

Could we at least have the decency to not crow about all of the cool things that the new beta has while I lack the ability to log on!! Sad

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:38 AM | Locked

Robert Pavich:
Could we at least have the decency

Decency? Here? Surely you have us confused.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:39 AM | Locked

Robert Pavich:

Could we at least have the decency to not crow about all of the cool things that the new beta has while I lack the ability to log on!! Sad

Robert,

The Beta really sucks - it's awful - it crashed Philip's computer. You're not missing anything.... really!!!!!!   :)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:41 AM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:

Philip...I'm GLAD you are facing a 9.7 gb download! Storm

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:48 AM | Locked

Robert Pavich:

Philip Spitzer:

Philip...I'm GLAD you are facing a 9.7 gb download! Storm

I'm glad I have Fios :-)

Posts 8652
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:45 AM | Locked

Beta!

Did Somebody say BETA!

WHOO WHOO!

Downloading now in my shiny new beta account on my computer.  Just gotta share my app data folder so I can scan the files and save some of the download....

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:50 AM | Locked

Well the crowds now almost all here!

Are we allowed to have fun on the Beta sub-forum?

Posts 8652
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:55 AM | Locked

Damian McGrath:
Are we allowed to have fun on the Beta sub-forum?
You have my permission DamiAn.  Go ahead, goof off now.

PS.  I really don't have the authority to give you permission.  But I won't stop you.  Wink

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:43 AM | Locked

Thomas Black:
DamiAn

Now let your servant go in peace for I have seen my name spelt correctly!

Page 2 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS