4.6 (4.60.0.2972) available for download

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:11 PM

Sorry for being so caustic guys, please forgive.

Think i'm done here.

Too many problems with Logos and, too many at critical times, has me edgy and rude.

My apologies to all.

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:11 PM

alabama24:

Rick Ross:
Installed and read about the Notes Tool.  I think I brought it up under Tools, but, I have a separate pane called "Untitled Notes".  Now to figure out how to use it.

You create a new note file via the file menu [File - New- Notes], and new ones are called "Untitled Notes." Highlights are stored in note files as well. Are you familiar with how that works?

Pretty slick tool and I see how I can use this feature everyday.  I do journaling and believe this will be very useful.  Highlights?  Other than the regular highlighting of Bible text, I am not sure if I know what you are referring to.

Posts 27443
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 4:09 PM

Rick Ross:
Pretty slick tool and I see how I can use this feature everyday.  I do journaling and believe this will be very useful.  Highlights?  Other than the regular highlighting of Bible text, I am not sure if I know what you are referring to.

To be honest Rick, I am a little confused about what you are excited about… Notes made a significant change a long time ago. The new feature in this build is the "split view," but otherwise the note feature is the same as it has been for several builds. Is it the "split view" you are excited about? Did you update from 4.5, or from a previous build?

If you haven't updated your installation for a while, you may be unaware of the change that "Highlights Equal Notes." When you use any highlighter in L4, that becomes a note. If you are unfamiliar with this it would be in your best interest to learn how that works. There are different settings you can choose and depending upon your usage, changing the settings can be very beneficial. If you do not understand how those settings work, however, you could mess things up pretty badly for yourself. Sorry if you know all this already. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 4:16 PM

The Word List feature has perfect timing. I'm starting my first quarter of Greek in two weeks. Does anyone know if this feature can be used for flashcards on either desktop or mobile? If not, is that coming later?

Posts 27443
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 5:32 PM

mitchellisdumb:
Does anyone know if this feature can be used for flashcards on either desktop or mobile? If not, is that coming later?

I know that the mobile app does NOT have this feature currently, and am unaware of any plans to include it.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 5:52 PM

It's planned: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/509803-make-an-intelligent-flash-card-program-for-vocab-

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 27443
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 6:22 PM

Thanks fgh! Smile

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:00 PM

Sorry for the confusion, alabama.  I stumbled onto the Notes capability by accident and I have been updating.   I have so many things on my plate that I am still learning to use the software.  The "split view" is nice as well.  I will have to be careful on highlighting then as you said...best to highlight my actual Bible until I learn more.  Thanks again for the clarification.

Posts 27443
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:40 PM

No problem Rick. Smile As for highlights... What you need to know is that EVERYTIME you use a highlighter, a new "note" is created. The default behavior is for the new note to go into a "palette specific" note file. If you like to use highlighting styles from different pallets, your notes will end up in different note documents. There are other behaviors you can choose. For example, you can select a default document that all notes go into, or you can choose to send notes to the "last used" document. That is what I prefer, but it requires constant diligence or you will have notes scattered randomly. 

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 9:33 PM

OK, so I'll admit it wasn't wise to load an update on Saturday night before church the next morning, when I plan on using it a bit before evening service, but I did and now I'm crashing on start-up. (Mac). Oy. Glad I have my iPad. IF I get time this week, I'll figure out the log stuff so I can help other people, if I don't I guess I just reinstall from scratch?

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:28 AM

If you highlight key words in your Bible it's helpful to create two note files. I am currently going through the New Inductive Bible Study on Galatians. I created a note file labeled Galatians (Inductive) to send the highlights to, then a second one called Galatians (Notebook) where I put notes, answers, and observations. If I am just reading a resource (non-Bible) then I just use one file. But I create two if I know I am going to have a lot of highlights that I don't really want in my notes. I separate it by book of the Bible so I can turn them off easier. 

Where the new split view really comes in handy are the note documents on mobile devices. 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:33 AM

Matt B:

OK, so I'll admit it wasn't wise to load an update on Saturday night before church the next morning, when I plan on using it a bit before evening service, but I did and now I'm crashing on start-up. (Mac). Oy. Glad I have my iPad. IF I get time this week, I'll figure out the log stuff so I can help other people, if I don't I guess I just reinstall from scratch?

The logs will help narrow down what's causing, but keep in mind it's a long weekend. It might take until Tuesday or Wednesday. But since this is a stable release call Logos on Tuesday. The tech support can connect to your computer remotely and might be able to get you going.

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 11:11 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem http://community.logos.com/forums/t/53321.aspx I tried to rename a folder today and have the same issue as I had in the forum post above. 

Noticed this on both my beta and stable releases..

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 11:13 AM

so immediately after posting above....... I tired again and the folder renamed! very strange......... Tongue Tied

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:28 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back guys and thanks for your help and encouragement. I was able to cobble together a solution so I could work during the weekend. Evidently there was a problem during my upgrade and some of the resource files became corrupted. When I try and access some of the Greek texts the system just crashes. All other functionality "seems" to be OK but when those texts are accessed it's lights out. Here is the log file

Bob

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:30 PM

oops. I'm still a mac newbie, here's the log4477.Logging.zip

Posts 12
Edward Anton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2012 9:42 AM

Yes. It's crashing on both my iMac i7 and MBA i7 13" both running ML. Everytime. I'm trying to re download from the site to see if that matters.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2012 3:45 PM

Hello Robert,

I'm going to contact you offline about this issue. 

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS