Removing a resource from my library

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Benson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:10 PM

Does anyone know how I can remove a resource from my library permanently? I mean other than putting it in the hidden resource list, how do I get it out of my library once for all and completely? The situation is that I have recently and unwisely downloaded a classical literature resource (free) with over 200 books/titles. All of them became downloaded into my library and now it looks so cluttered and hard to find my books because these classical works have very similar titles and they push my other resources down to the bottom of the list it is very difficult to find what I want. It took me a long time just to transfer those starting with "A" into the hidden resource list I cannot imagine going through the rest of it. If anyone has a solution/suggestion would be very greatly appreciated.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:23 PM

It is now possible to hide multiple resources at once. Just select all the resources you want to hide and then right click and select hide resource. Then restart Logos and it should do the trick. I had the same need as I downloaded resources from Perseus and Duke that I may need down the road but for now were mainly cluttering my library. Using perseus and duke as search keywords brought them all up. CTL-A selected them all and then procedure described above. Hope this helps.

Posts 28718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:24 PM

Benson - First, welcome to the forums!

The easiest thing for you to do is to call Logos and have them remove the license from your account. This will remove it from mobile as well. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
Will Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:18 PM

I have Perseus as well.  Good resource to have for when it is needed, but like others I don't use it enough to justify all those books cluttering up my library.

I tried selecting books and then right clicking, but I don't receive the option to hide anything when I right click?

It would be great if there was a way to separate our libraries into "bookshelves."  And then if needs be to hide the bookshelf until we actually need to "pull" a book from it.  So, being able to group all of the Perseus books into a collection and then hiding that collection.

A related question, if books are hid are they still searched or are they excluded from Logos searching them?

Posts 30222
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 12:38 AM

They are not searched.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8898
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:10 AM

Will Turner:
I don't use it enough to justify all those books cluttering up my library

If you type rating:>=0 -perseus in the Library find box all the Perseus books will be filtered out. 

Will Turner:
I tried selecting books and then right clicking, but I don't receive the option to hide anything when I right click?

You need to Opt+right-click on Mac, Ctrl+right-click on Windows.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 11152
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:12 AM

fgh:

Will Turner:

You need to Opt+right-click on Mac, Ctrl+right-click on Windows.

Like explained on the wiki here http://wiki.logos.com/Library__#Hiding_books_in_your_Library or here http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:23 AM

Hidden books are now synced to mobile, so they won't show up there. I think its a less permanent solution than removing the book by Logos, should you ever need access to the book again.

Posts 8898
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:34 AM

NB.Mick:

Someone's been busy updating the Wiki. SmileYes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 21
Will Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:10 AM

thank you all

Posts 11152
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:14 AM

fgh:

NB.Mick:

Someone's been busy updating the Wiki. SmileYes

11k-Dave thought of it.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10