Mobile app search interface: Improve search range filtering/resource selection

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2012 2:40 PM

I would like a better thought-out way of selecting the resources to be searched in the mobile apps (both iOS and Android). Currently there is a very limited list of recently used resources to pick from. Occasionally I will see a collection on there, but I cannot find a way to search through a collection that is not already on the list.

In my opinion, this is the greatest weakness of the current mobile apps.

For Bible searches, the solution is relatively straightforward: allow us to restrict a search by a range.

For Basic searches, I suggest a robust interface, not just a drop-down list, that allows us to enter search terms and check off resources and collections that we want to include in a search. The ability to search by series, publisher, collection, author, tags, and subjects would be fantastic. Of course, this is only a suggested implementation, and Logos developers may well come up with something better, but I felt I should offer a starting point. The end goal is that I'm able to refine my searches to include only relevant results.

I've posted this as a suggestion on UserVoice. There are a few other similar requests, but they are either platform-specific or restricted to Bible searches (not Basic) and none have garnered many votes. Hopefully this one will do better. Please vote if you want this to happen!

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/3125466-mobile-app-search-interface-improve-search-range-

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2013 3:21 PM

I just downloaded the Android app and this is a deal breaker for me. I have to be able to limit the search, or it becomes useless for many of the searches I do. I'm looking for something else for Bible search until this gets fixed which is sad because I have a lot of books in Logos. Yes, I voted.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS