Why can't I have more than one prepub item in my cart at the same time?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19073
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2009 2:02 AM

There are a bunch of prepubs I'm trying to order, and every time I click Preorder to add one to my cart, it empties whatever other one was in my cart before. I can't go back to shop more. If I click back on the "Products" tab and find another one to order, I end up emptying my cart again. There's no "Shop more" button for ordering prepubs like there is with the normal Cart. The prepub Cart seems to be a completely different beast (my regular Cart kept its contents in it just fine while I've been battling with the prepub one). This is very frustrating! I don't want to have to go through the whole ordering process for each of what could end up being a dozen books by the time I'm done. Please allow us to order multiple prepubs at a time.

Thanks!

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:30 AM

If Logos has your billing information on file, you can use the "Easy Preorder" button and skip the cart.  Is that not an option?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10791
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 1:11 PM

RosiePerera:
There are a bunch of prepubs I'm trying to order, and every time I click Preorder to add one to my cart, it empties whatever other one was in my cart before. I can't go back to shop more.

Pre-pubs do not use the shopping cart. Look under "My Account" (although I would prefer you use your own account) and the Pre-Pub Orders tab and you should see all the pre-pubs you have ordered.

They don't go into the cart because they are not yet ready to ship.

Posts 19073
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:02 PM

JackCaviness:

RosiePerera:
There are a bunch of prepubs I'm trying to order, and every time I click Preorder to add one to my cart, it empties whatever other one was in my cart before. I can't go back to shop more.

Pre-pubs do not use the shopping cart. Look under "My Account" (although I would prefer you use your own account) and the Pre-Pub Orders tab and you should see all the pre-pubs you have ordered.

They don't go into the cart because they are not yet ready to ship.

Yes, I know about the "Pre-Pub Orders" tab in My Account, but you still have to go through an ordering process to order these in order for them to get into that tab. And that ordering process does have a cart which is separate from the cart for other items you might be buying that day.

Todd Phillips:

If Logos has your billing information on file, you can use the "Easy Preorder" button and skip the cart.  Is that not an option?

Thanks for that suggestion, but the reason I like to use a cart before committing to any purchase is that I play around with my dream selection of things I'd like to buy and then whittle it down to a more reasonable total price before processing the order.

However...between the two of you and my taking the time to look more closely at the Pre-Pub page, my issue has been solved. I now realize that proceeding to "Submit Order" in the pre-pub ordering process is not a final commitment to purchase that item, which I'd been thinking it was. You have the opportunity to go into your Pre-Pubs tab and delete items before they ship. And the subtotal of all your current pre-pub orders appears at the bottom of that page, so if it starts getting unwieldy, I can delete a few of the more expensive items.

Thanks, both of you, for the collaborative effort. These forums are great!

Posts 10791
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 3:19 AM

RosiePerera:
Yes, I know about the "Pre-Pub Orders" tab in My Account, but you still have to go through an ordering process to order these in order for them to get into that tab. And that ordering process does have a cart which is separate from the cart for other items you might be buying that day.

I guess I never see that cart because I always use "easy pre-order". It has been so long since I set that up, that I didn't remember the cart.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS