Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10
Anthony Holt | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:04 AM

I am using Proclaim on OSX 10.8 with Powerpoint 2008 and the fonts that I have installed on my macbook through fontbook do not translate to Proclaim when I import my powerpoint files.  I also do not have the option to change the font inside of Proclaim itself, other than the preloaded ones already native to the program.  I also see that I am not the only one to have this issue.  Is there any fix being worked on for this issue?  

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2012 3:02 PM

We are currently looking into this issue, and will update you when we have more information. Thank you.

Posts 87
LogosEmployee
Ish Sarmiento | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2012 1:04 PM

Hi Anthony,

Could you provide us the Proclaim.log file from your system?

Start Proclaim and import the PowerPoint presentation.  Once the import finishes, close Proclaim.  Then from the Finder menu, click Go > Go to Folder, and enter ~/Library/Application Support/Proclaim.  Proclaim.log will be there.

Thanks!

-Ish

Posts 10
Anthony Holt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2012 1:37 PM

I will post both the proclaim.log and the proclaimerror.log.  They are attached, thanks! I really appreciate the help!1464.ProclaimError.log

Posts 10
Posts 10
Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 17 2012 10:45 AM

We have determined cause of the issue: the problem is that the folder being scanned for fonts is not always the correct folder. On systems where the fonts are used correctly, the directory /Library/Fonts is being searched. On systems where the font formatting is lost, the directory /System/Library/Fonts is being searched, which often does not contain a very large number of fonts.

There is an active case for the problem, and we will update the forums when we have a fix. Thank you.

Posts 14
Scot Ruffatto | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:15 AM

It's been about 5 months since this problem for mac has been reported.  I would like to start using Proclaim, but until this bug is fixed there is no reason.  This is frustrating.

Posts 6
Michael Gennarelli | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2013 6:30 PM

Any fix to this yet? our church switched to proclaim and 100's my powerpoints don't work now.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2013 9:52 AM

Hello Michael,

There are still problems with Powerpoints and Proclaim on OS X, which you can read about here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/76959.aspx

Since we use third party software for the Powerpoint imports, we must wait for them to fix bugs in their software. Once this is done, it will be fixed in ours as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 1
State Road | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 9:46 AM

Converting them to legacy *.ppt files worked for me.  Definitley just a work around but gets me by.  Big flaw in proclaim.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 9:54 AM

State Road:

Converting them to legacy *.ppt files worked for me.  Definitley just a work around but gets me by.  Big flaw in proclaim.

Hello there,

This is unfortunate and I am sorry for the inconvenience. The third party software we use for importing powerpoints has some issues itself; until those are fixed with a subsequent release on their part, either use .ppt files or convert powerpoint slides to .jpg files and import them into Proclaim to use in an image slideshow.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS