Audio Sermons in the Passage Guide?!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:13 PM

I'm curious if anyone thinks this is going to be a really helpful feature?  It was interesting to see across the top of the website of sermonaudio.com: "Enjoy our library...sermons from conservative churches worldwide." (My highlighting.)  What does that mean?  I appreciate all that Logos is doing but for ME this is sort of an oddball feature to unroll when there seem to be more pressing issues to address.  Just my 2 pennies...

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:22 PM

I couldn't agree more, I've already 'closed' it (if that's the right word?) on my system so that the Passage guide won't search it. Since sermons are highly individual and usually tailored for specific needs, one could spend hours listening to sermons that don't really enhance your study or suit your needs. It's not like reading a commentary or a book review.

Posts 33777
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:05 PM

Randy Hartman:
I'm curious if anyone thinks this is going to be a really helpful feature?

Since I don't like to listen to talk audio (or even Powerpoint sermons) and I'm not interested in conservative sermons I'll probably not even check to see what it offers ... unless I gets lots of free time. But if it helps bring $$$ to Logos for things I will use, I don't mind turning off (or ignoring) a feature.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 4:12 PM

What might be nice would be to add RSS feeds to personally desires sites.

Say you church has a sight that distributes audio lessons.

An RSS feed with metadata for specified sites could be usefull to people.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS