Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Alan M. Thoe | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:28 PM

When I upgraded to logos 4 I also upgraded from the Leader's Library to the Scholar's Library.  How do I upgrade my  Logos 3 library to add the books included in my new Scholars Logos 4 library?

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:47 PM

Open Logos3 and Synchronize licences with the server.

Placing a Logos3.0e or f resources DVD in your drive should let it see most of the resources as they are not new.

If you do not have such a DVD then you should check the "Comparison chart" and make a note of which resources you now own but do not yet have, then go to the Logos Web page for that resource or collection where you will probably find a link saying "Download Book Files" - download and place in your Logos 3 resources folder.  Any you cannot find this way you can download manually from the FTP server.  There are a few new resources which are Logos 4 specific and would not work in any case with Logos 3 as they relate to new features in Logos4.

Restart Logos 3 to ensure all the new resources you added are properly recognized once you have the files where you want them.

Posts 214
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 7:00 PM

I can't get this to work. I downloaded files as you said. I can look in the resources folder and see them there, but Logos3g won't discover them.

It doesn't matter if the modules are lbxlls files or logos4 files. Logos 3 won't see any of them. (And yes, I synchronized licenses.)

Any help?

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:03 PM

Can you confirm that you placed the downloaded resources in the same folder that you have for the rest of your Logos 3 resources ?

(Or another one mapped from Logos 3 as containing your Logos 3 resources.)

Made an error myself initially in downloading them to a new resources folder on a different drive !!

Posts 214
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:25 PM

All resources are in the same folder for Logos3. Only the resources I had prior to Logos 4 are recognized by Logos 3.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:35 PM

I don't think Logos4 specific resources will work with L3 but you say many are L3 file extensions so they appear to be still acting as though they are locked and presumably this can be easily verified by checking that they appear in L3 "My Library", collection "All locked resources". 

If that is the case then it would appear that your licenses are not properly synchronized for some reason.

Posts 975
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 3:44 PM

If you haven't already read today's blog post you will want to because it tells you how to do this: http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/12/using_your_new_logos_4_resources_in_logos_3_or_logos_for_mac_1.html

Tom

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS