BUGs: Logos allows non-mobile resources to be marked for download.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:49 AM

I am able to mark resources for download that are not licensed for use on mobile devices.  I believe this is the cause of the error I am seeing on my iPad:

I would prefer it if Logos knew which resources couldn't be downloaded and didn't let me mark them.  Or in the case, where I have multiple resources selected, it would just mark the ones that were licensed for mobile.  It would also be nice if the library would display the mobile license status.

-----

I can mark PB resources for download if I select them at the same time that I select regular resources. That status isn't reflected in the Device column for the PB (it stays blank), but those PBs do show up if I filter the list using the "device:" filter in the library:

That's got to be a bug of some sort.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 29253
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:57 AM

Todd Phillips:
I would prefer it if Logos knew which resources couldn't be downloaded and didn't let me mark them.

I agree. This will just cause heartache and heartburn. It should be fixed before it is shipped.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 3:41 PM

Does this apply? It is from a similar thread: Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 3:17 PM

The current implementation doesn't survey what is already downloaded to your mobile device before mobile download management became available. We're looking into this, and I expect it will in a future release.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:13 PM

SteveF:

Does this apply? It is from a similar thread: Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 3:17 PM

The current implementation doesn't survey what is already downloaded to your mobile device before mobile download management became available. We're looking into this, and I expect it will in a future release.

I'm not sure it does. In my mind the issue here is the ability to select resources that are not authorized for download at all. Though as they into this tool, maybe both issues will be resolved at the same time.

I am still not sure about the value of this feature. It seems to me (at least as it stands now) it is easier for me to just download the resources I want on my iPad from the iPad app

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:47 PM

Fredc:
I am still not sure about the value of this feature. It seems to me (at least as it stands now) it is easier for me to just download the resources I want on my iPad from the iPad app

I can see where it will be useful for managing multiple devices, as opposed to opening each device to individually download resources. I can also see where it will be easier to manage on the desktop for smaller devices. Or if you've just picked up a new resource or collection or just stumbled on one that was already buried in your current library and want to read it more comfortably later.

Just a few scenarios where I would find it useful.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:57 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

Fredc:

I can see where it will be useful for managing multiple devices, as opposed to opening each device to individually download resources. I can also see where it will be easier to manage on the desktop for smaller devices. Or if you've just picked up a new resource or collection or just stumbled on one that was already buried in your current library and want to read it more comfortably later.

Just a few scenarios where I would find it useful.

Good points. We'll see how it evolves

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:57 AM

Todd Phillips:

I am able to mark resources for download that are not licensed for use on mobile devices.  I believe this is the cause of the error I am seeing on my iPad:

There is an active case for this issue.  

Todd Phillips:
It would also be nice if the library would display the mobile license status.

That is a valid point, now that this feature is available.  I will send an inquiry to Development.

Todd Phillips:
I can mark PB resources for download if I select them at the same time that I select regular resources.

This is a known issue.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS