Searching

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:47 PM

Is there a way in Logos 4 to search on a topic and restrict the searhing to a specific group of books, say "Dictinaries" or "Commentaries" etc?

Martin.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:18 PM

Martin, in the search pane click on the blue text that says "Entire Library" and a drop down box will appear. Here, You will find all your collections (I have one called Bible Dictionaries) and scrolling down you will see "mytag:xxxx" with all your tags. If you tag the resources as bible dictionaries you can choose to search them that way.

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:52 PM

Hi Damian, Thanks for your comments they were helpful. However I still do not get what I am looking for.

I created a collections called "Dictionaries" but I want to study a word and not a reference. It appears that to get one of the "Collections" in this search or guide I can only use Reference, not Word.

Say I want to look up "woman" in dictionaries such as Harper, Smith etc. when I enter the word "Woman" I am not given a list of all the dictionaries which have a topic of "woman"

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:02 PM

Are you in basic search or bible search?

Posts 6611
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:15 PM

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:17 PM

I am in Basic.

I search "Dictionaries" for "Saul" and I get four items in "Look it up" at the top, then under "Library results" is a list of 'hits' from different resources including "Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary", however I canno open the dictionary.

Posts 16417
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:04 AM

Martin J Webster:

I am in Basic.

I search "Dictionaries" for "Saul" and I get four items in "Look it up" at the top, then under "Library results" is a list of 'hits' from different resources including "Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary", however I canno open the dictionary.

Can you open the dictionaries in "Look it up"?  If you open one you can use left and right arrows to find the result in other dictionaries (like Parallel Resources in L3). If I open one of my results I can "arrow" to "Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary". Can you?

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 73
Martin J Webster | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:55 AM

Yes, That does work.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS