Greek font in L4?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 342
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 21 2009 9:29 PM

Everyone has a preference for Greek fonts (and Hebrew).

L4 / Options does not allow me to choose BibliaLS.

However the command "Set Greek font to BibliaLS" sets up the font OK.

Why isn't BibliaLS (and other Greek fonts) in the drop down option list?

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 3:36 AM

Stephen,

Weird..it didn't work for me....it only gave the option of what was in the drop down and didn't recognize the command...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 19
Charles Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:16 PM

I was dissatisfied with the L4 Greek font selection as well and tried the command line suggestion to choose Galatia SIL and it worked. Great tip. My problem with the L4 Greek fonts is that they render the accent marks wrong. The circumflex comes out like a tilde.

Thanks for this tip. Logos plesae add more Greek fonts to the pull down, including Galatia SIL which seems to be t he only one that renders the accent marks correctly.

Posts 641
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:30 AM

I tried setting the Greek font to both BibliaLS and Galatia SIL and it worked. But you guys got me wondering what the font is in L3. I remember setting it eons ago to something I liked, but now I can't figure out how to find out what that font is. Can anyone tell me where I went to set the Greek font (and color) in L3???

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 11:51 AM

Jim McDaniel:

I tried setting the Greek font to both BibliaLS and Galatia SIL and it worked. But you guys got me wondering what the font is in L3. I remember setting it eons ago to something I liked, but now I can't figure out how to find out what that font is. Can anyone tell me where I went to set the Greek font (and color) in L3???

Tools -> Options -> Bible Tools -> Ancient Languages

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 12:21 PM

Jim McDaniel:
Can anyone tell me where I went to set the Greek font (and color) in L3???

The default Greek font in L3 was Gentium and it was set in Tools|Options|Bible Tools|Ancient Languages.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 12:40 PM

Have ὑμᾶς tried GentiumAlt? As you can see it has the circumflex. It is in the drop down list. I think it looks very nice.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 1:20 PM

Keith Larson:
Have ὑμᾶς tried GentiumAlt?

Wink

Also the English characters and Greek characters are quite nice.

I have had to do this as a screen shot to show the differences, as I cannot get the fonts to display using cut and paste. Tongue Tied

Every blessing

Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 1:52 PM

You are probably right. I guess in a question the "you" would be nomitive because they are doing the action. My english to greek is not too good. I was thinking of me (subject) asking you all (direct object) a question. Regardless the accusitive does have a nice circumflex. That is the problem of just reading Greek, you never have to stop and think, "How would I say this?"

I never noticed the small English capitals. But you are correct, they are rather odd.

Posts 216
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:19 PM

Thanks for this. I needed to switch to th BibleWorks Greek font so papers I email to my profs at school who only use BW can actually see the greek I am quoting and not just missing font hash.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 9:15 AM

Tim

I faced the same problem until it was pointed out to me that if I selected embed fonts option in MS Word 2007 in the Save preferences tab it would enable anyone to read my text as I typed it including the fonts I had used. It saved a lot of time and hassle, though the file was about 1 MB in size.

Every blessing

Alan

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS